FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BHX - PMI - Club Perks? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1863288-bhx-pmi-club-perks.html)

Simmonds87 Aug 26, 2017 6:58 am

BHX - PMI - Club Perks?

Flying to PMI on a E190 City plane soon from BHX.

flying Club Europe, manage my booking says I will have access to the Aspire lounge in BHX but do I receive fast track security passes as well?

Reviews of the security at BHX recently have mentioned it's taken ages to get through! Trying to work out how much time I should allow.

AlicorporateUK Aug 26, 2017 7:51 am

If you are allowed to use the fast track facilities, I find the access located on the AirLink's side always quicker compared to the other one which, on a recent visit before the first morning service to Frankfurt, was not even manned. That said, I fly out of Birmingham on a weekly basis and the standard access points always seem to look pretty busy, incidentally the other day it took me over 5 minutes to actually get to the right lane as people were queuing just as I stepped out of the AirLink (it didn't help that there was a good number of people trying to get to the people mover).

G

Simmonds87 Aug 27, 2017 1:30 am

Absolute shambles!

Problems started at check-in where the check-in staff didn't know the BA rules and questioned if we were allowed any bags in Club! We then asked about the lounge and they told us they had no idea if there was one and they had no vouchers to give us. We were told to ask the lounge (I knew from MMB it was the aspire lounge).
I didn't even bother asking about fast track security the check-in ladies were not interested in helping.

Luckily security was was only a 5-10 minute affair.
We found the lounge, and the staff told welcomed me saying "BA Flight, Club, no problem" a good start! How're the next line was "We shut at 9:45" the flight was due to take off at 11pm!
Luckily the drinks were chilled, if you were after food there was a pot of tomato pasta and a handful of stale cakes or a bag of crisp. I've never heard so many people complain on entering a lounge! (BA had 3 flights that night I think... Palma, Ibiza, Malaga).

We were all kicked out around 10pm where we thought we'd have a wander around the shops, wrong they were shut! We then decided on a trip to the loo to find they were also closed for cleaning.... luckily there was another open around the corner.

The gate opened about 10:30 and was only a 5 minute walk away, we sat in the glass holding pen waiting for other passengers to arrive, and we boarded quickly about 10:45.

There were only 7 of us in a 10/11 row Club and 45 people total on the plane.
Service on the Plane was one of the best I've had and the Chicken Katsu was vey welcomed after the lounge issues."!
The flight was over in no time!

IAMORGAN Aug 27, 2017 2:50 am

Thanks for the update. As BHX is my local airport, I take an interest in this. I have flown inbound AGP-BHX in Club and heard a conversation with ground staff and cabin crew about getting something from the hold and returned to a passenger at the gate - the answer was a rude and hostile no chance.

These routes are priced to undercut some of the LCCs, and even some of the Club fares are very low. Unfortunately, it sounds like BA have decided to have the bare minimum ground handling (you're lucky they pay for lounge access at all). I'm not surprised with 3 flights per week but it does nothing for their brand (not that they care as they seem fixated with being perceived as cheap rather than premium).

BHX is a strange airport - I think it's better than it used to be but still isn't great!

You may remember years ago T2 (Eurohub) was basically the BA terminal with special parking spaces for Exec Club members and a Terraces lounge.....at its peak, BA had 10 A319s based at BHX (the 319 was delivered brand new fir BHX!) plus some CRJs and 737s operated by Maersk Air...There was a crew base (Eurofleet BHX) and BA had their own ground staff. I also suspect that the cheapest Club fares would have been around £400 over 15 years ago...times change!

gw76 Aug 27, 2017 6:30 am

For some reason ive a feeling this dabble into local regional BA departures wont last. Poorly advertised and poor patronage by the sounds of it. Even BACF lower cost base cant match the LC airlines.

IAMORGAN Aug 27, 2017 6:38 am

Originally Posted by gw76 (Post 28741359)
For some reason ive a feeling this dabble into local regional BA departures wont last. Poorly advertised and poor patronage by the sounds of it. Even BACF lower cost base cant match the LC airlines.

How many Gold Exec Club members / people in the premium airline ticket market want to land in Malaga at 2:30 in the morning? It's a crap service!

LCY8737 Aug 27, 2017 6:58 am

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN (Post 28741374)
How many Gold Exec Club members / people in the premium airline ticket market want to land in Malaga at 2:30 in the morning? It's a crap service!

Half of flyertalk if they can get cheap points? Like the guy looking for avios on Austrian airlines a few days ago?

Padmeister Aug 27, 2017 7:09 am

Why are the timings so weird? Leaving and landing at strange hours.

switch007 Aug 27, 2017 12:35 pm

In Spain, the night's just getting started at 2:30am. :D The venn overlap of people willing to party at that time of night and Gold Exec members I imagine is quite small though ;)

IAMORGAN Aug 27, 2017 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by LCY8737 (Post 28741410)
Half of flyertalk if they can get cheap points? Like the guy looking for avios on Austrian airlines a few days ago?

Well i'd do it if i could do a B2B but the plane goes BRS-AGP-BHX-AGP-LCY!

AGP is an 80 TP route ex BHX and ow in CE is £99