Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis with Avios

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2017, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Avis with Avios

Have a family trip coming up to LA & Vegas and was looking to organise a car with avios just for a couple of days.

I don't want it on the 1st couple of days but more the 4th & 5th day but it states I must pick this up from LAX despite staying in Hollywood

Is there a way of picking up the car from a different destination using avois.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 10:51 am
Original Poster

No-one know if you can book a car from Avios if it is not picked up from the airport ?
Old Aug 26, 2017, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by SheepyAFC
No-one know if you can book a car from Avios if it is not picked up from the airport ?
I guess you will have to call to find out for sure.

What I do know is that the BA website only allows Avis bookings from airports (and I think airports BA serves).

So, maybe call and let us know.

BTW, do you get good value using Avios for Avis?
Old Aug 26, 2017, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Thanks MF.

Not sure the value I get I am just using my points as there are basically useless to me.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SheepyAFC
Thanks MF.

Not sure the value I get I am just using my points as there are basically useless to me.
Shorthaul European flights using RFS and some partner redemptions (CX in Asia, QF domestic J) are still good value. Probably better value than car hire or other non-flying redemptions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.