Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[Using] Emirates first headphones in BA Economy [on A380]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2017, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Emirates Gold

Hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to read my post.

I have a set of Emirates headphones from my business travels from earlier this year (they look like this: https://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/...21h/s-l225.jpg)

They have a three prong plug which worked in both First and Business on Emirates. In two weeks I'm flying BA London Heathrow to LAX on a BA A380 in economy with some friends.

I would like to bring my fancy emirates headphones as they are very comfy, have noise cancellation and are, undoubtedly, better than whatever BA will give out in economy.

Has anyone flown the BA A380 econ recently and know if the sockets are compatible?

Many thanks,
Scott
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:37 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I have a feeling that BA is two prong, one prong thinner than the other for noise reduction. A single prong standard 3.5mm plug works fine, I suspect 3 prong won't work.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Don't forget to put on pyjamas and promenade around. I know one FTer who did that @Charlie26r , not to name any names...
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:45 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
BA don't have a three prong system
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:49 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

You do realise you're not supposed to nick the headphones?
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:54 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I have a feeling that BA is two prong, one prong thinner than the other for noise reduction. A single prong standard 3.5mm plug works fine, I suspect 3 prong won't work.
Certainly the case up front.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Emirates Gold
Rats. Oh well. Thanks for the responses.

I believe the third prong is power for the noise cancelling. I figure I could wire it directly to the power from a USB plug and splice it in but I don't think they'd appreciate a bundle of wires.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:10 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
You do realise you're not supposed to nick the headphones?
I was wondering the same - although they don't look like the normal ones given out in EK F.

M
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:17 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Cabe64
Rats. Oh well. Thanks for the responses.

I believe the third prong is power for the noise cancelling. I figure I could wire it directly to the power from a USB plug and splice it in but I don't think they'd appreciate a bundle of wires.
Definitely not!
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:44 am

Will be a single prong.

You can use them with an adaptor on ebay, but you won't get the power you need for noise cancelling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.