Titan airlines?

Old Aug 25, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
I had the reverse flight last week, was looking forward to my flat bed on the 777-operated morning service, noticed at OLCI I'd been shifted from 10A to 2A, and naively thought they'd opened up the F cabin to GCHs! It was only when I checked the seat map on the way to the airport that I realised what had happened, and nobody at F check-in had a clue until I raised it with them. I had all the same issues as the OP with the flight - tatty plane, rubbish food, surprisingly little locker space.

Anyway thanks OP for pushing them and setting a precedent - I've whacked in a request to refund me the difference between ET, which I may as well have booked, and CE.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:31 am

Club Europe on Titan

Titan was excellent on my flight to Marseille.
*Pre departure beverages.
*Multiple top ups.
*Small battle of champagne to take off board as 'gifts'
*Same food and drink offering as BA (it comes from BA)
*Excellent service
*IFE through wireless on ur phone/laptop.

I am not sure what is the Op complaining about really...
Old Aug 26, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by frenzie01
Titan was excellent on my flight to Marseille.
*Pre departure beverages.
*Multiple top ups.
*Small battle of champagne to take off board as 'gifts'
*Same food and drink offering as BA (it comes from BA)
*Excellent service
*IFE through wireless on ur phone/laptop.

It is very hit and miss with Titan. They have some horrible aircraft. I have been on G-POWC multiple times which is a 26 year old 737-300QC. The seats are palletised and wobble all over the place. They make some of BA's planes look new.

G-ZAPW, also a 733, started life with BA in 1988 as G-BOZB. Yes, Titan are still flying this 30 year old aircraft

I personally didn't feel particularly safe on G-POWC.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
We've been subbed to Titan only once but thought them a distinct improvement on BA economy, more bemused though by the thought that anybody would pay Ł375 to fly CE from MAD to LHR..... return hopefully ? Else surely MAD?
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by tom139
It is very hit and miss with Titan. They have some horrible aircraft. I have been on G-POWC multiple times which is a 26 year old 737-300QC. The seats are palletised and wobble all over the place. They make some of BA's planes look new.

G-ZAPW, also a 733, started life with BA in 1988 as G-BOZB. Yes, Titan are still flying this 30 year old aircraft

I personally didn't feel particularly safe on G-POWC.
and BA also fly some very old airframes, nothing wrong in that provided the maintenance regime is up to scratch and such as the engine covers are attached correctly.... 🙊
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
Originally Posted by frenzie01
Titan was excellent on my flight to Marseille
May I be the first to congratulate you on having the patience to wait until page 2 of the thread before telling the OP they are wrong and it never happened to them. The BA forum continues to improve !

OP - can you post a pic of the "alien afterbirth" ?
justin_krusty likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: QRPC Silver, BA Silver
I only flew Titan once when covering for an EZY flight - for an EZY cover it was fine albeit VERY old plane. However, it was hands down the hardest landing I ever have experienced! I def wouldn't be happy if that had been a BA ticket - but then there have obviously been some much better experiences mentioned above!
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:46 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by LostAntipod
Originally Posted by musical
I had DM'd pictures of the state of the plane and the food which looked like some kind of alien afterbirth
FWIW, any poster who has pictures that help illustrate their complaint, but unsure how to post them, is welcome to ping them over in an email over to one of the mods.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by theox
I only flew Titan once when covering for an EZY flight - for an EZY cover it was fine albeit VERY old plane. However, it was hands down the hardest landing I ever have experienced! I def wouldn't be happy if that had been a BA ticket - but then there have obviously been some much better experiences mentioned above!
U2 hard landing ok 👌 but BA not ? Struggling to understand this view I'm afraid.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by theox
Very odd

So BA has softer landings than U2? And you are prepared to pay for said softer landings?
Old Aug 26, 2017, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LostAntipod
May I be the first to congratulate you on having the patience to wait until page 2 of the thread before telling the OP they are wrong and it never happened to them. The BA forum continues to improve !

here we go. have pics of the carpet peeling away from the floor, leaks from the galley etc as well.

seems like I got a particularly bad flight I guess...
Attached Images  
Old Aug 26, 2017, 1:55 pm

This is one of their B757 aircraft G-ZAPX.

Sounds like the 733 is not as well looked after.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Isn't the "alien afterbirth" the new standard catering on MAD flights? Also known as the gourmet sandwich?

The Titan flights I had were all catered according to BA standards.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by LCY8737
Isn't the "alien afterbirth" the new standard catering on MAD flights? Also known as the gourmet sandwich?

The Titan flights I had were all catered according to BA standards.
Correct that is my understanding too. Titan have nothing to do with the catering it is provided by the airline who is usually operating the flight. In this case BA.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
They lease planes to other airlines on rare occasions. They also rent out planes. They had a B767 which was so old it had wo cabin air failures last year and had to make an emergency landing in AMS!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.