Wiki Posts
Search

One gold, priority for 7 ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2017, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold(twice), Hilton Diamond
One gold, priority for 7 ?

I believe that all pax on the same PNR have the priveliges of a gold member in the group. Can I reasonably take the remaining family of 6 incl 2 children into the priority boarding lane ( in the unlikely event that it makes much difference ) ?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 5:24 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Priority boarding is officially “1 guest”... but not very well policed...

But if the “children” are under 5, you can pre board anyway.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
I went to the Forst Wing to check in today. I'm gold, Mrs BF is brown, as is the eldest daughter, the youngest has no status. I was told very politely but clearly that we'd wouldn't have acces to First Wing security, which I never expected anyway. I wouldn't have assumed boarding priority for the whole family but as the youngest is three we took advantage of pre-boarding anyway.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:39 pm

The First wing is black and white - as it leads directly to the lounge it follows the lounge guesting policy (usually +1)

Priority boarding I don't even think officially allows a guest (I've read on here that Geneva has enforced this in the past)

Personally I've had no problem walking up with my +1 and handing over my BP and then lingering for them, but I wouldn't do this for more than one person personally
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by sammyg901
The First wing is black and white - as it leads directly to the lounge it follows the lounge guesting policy (usually +1)

Priority boarding I don't even think officially allows a guest (I've read on here that Geneva has enforced this in the past)

Personally I've had no problem walking up with my +1 and handing over my BP and then lingering for them, but I wouldn't do this for more than one person personally
Apart from First Wing you won't have an issue with a 'nuclear family' group. All hell would break loose if Mr Corporate Bigshot couldn't impress his wife by whisking his entire family through

For comparison, 1 Gold on a PNR, irrespective of number of pax, lets everyone select seats for free so I would say this is a guideline. If you are not all on the same ticket you are pushing it.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ThisIsntOM
Priority boarding is officially “1 guest”... but not very well policed...
No it isn't. Priority boarding has no guesting entitlement. If you go with one usually you would be fine - although some places like GVA will enforce the rules and not allow a guest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.