Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Denied food in CE when everyone else got served

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Denied food in CE when everyone else got served

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by smokie36
Looks like a downgrade for the paying CE passengers really.
Well, we had a curtain behind us!
In total agreement with you, am just very glad I only paid £17 (or whatever a one-way ET RFS tax is) and 4K avios!

Pilot37
Old Aug 31, 2017, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL CCR, HHonors DIA
I just got a call from BA. We "acknowledge you didnt get the best of experience, so we will give you 3k avios"

Seemingly nothing in the ticket which said I didnt deserve catering, and was the cabin crew who decided I didnt deserve catering.

I told the lady, 3k wont really make a difference in my avios balance, but I'll accept the lukewarm apology from BA. She didnt seem best pleased.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:47 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
3k Avios, that's properly embarrassing. I'd be loath to call it an apology, and consider it more of an insult.

I assume that the CS representative was displeased at having to be the deliverer of such underwhelming news.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by V10
3k Avios, that's properly embarrassing. I'd be loath to call it an apology, and consider it more of an insult.

I assume that the CS representative was displeased at having to be the deliverer of such underwhelming news.
I have been the receiver of 4000 Avios compensation for not getting a meal on CW, so I don't think that 3000 for CE is that bad, considering.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: BA, LH
I find this situation astounding. BA don't just advertise a meal as a benefit of travelling CE. They advertise that all CE passengers receive a choice of meal (https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...usiness-dining).

In order to have any reasonable likelihood of being able to meet that commitment, they need to over-cater.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The matrix is 3000 for CE and 4000 for CW.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Oh how things have changed in a few short years. Four years ago on my first Club Europe flight to Alicante from Gatwick they forgot to load my VLML. Slightly different I know, as you were told you weren't getting any food by crew onboard, but still no meal. I received 20,000 avios comp when I wrote in and complained. At the time I was a Bronze BAEC member.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by smc333
There's a lot of things I would prefer to an MRE, including hunger.
I've eaten more MREs than I care to count. However, given the state of CE & even First meals I've had lately, I'd prefer one of them on at least 2/5 occasions!
Old Aug 31, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by albpenny
Yes BA has refused to give me any compensation for any of the five flights where there was no food for me. They consider the matter closed with a mere apology.
I would claim complain to the regulator after the second time.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by Kaveh96
I just got a call from BA. We "acknowledge you didnt get the best of experience, so we will give you 3k avios"

Seemingly nothing in the ticket which said I didnt deserve catering, and was the cabin crew who decided I didnt deserve catering.

I told the lady, 3k wont really make a difference in my avios balance, but I'll accept the lukewarm apology from BA. She didnt seem best pleased.
Whilst that's on the matrix I'd be inclined to go to CEDR for being denied an element of the product and for BA being in breach of contract. I'd potentially consider a small claim. I know it sounds petty but legal action is the only thing BA responds to.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
I know it sounds petty
Well you said it. Litigating because you were prevented from eating for a whole hour is close to the epitome of pettiness, IMHO.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:49 pm
formerly Christopher Sutton

Programs: BA Silver
We were on a CE back from MAN to LHR on bank holiday Monday. 6 rows of Club Europe on an A321. 4 ploughmans were loaded, the rest of us were offered the crappy finger sandwich afternoon tea. Wasn't impressed. Ploughmans is always gong to be preferred over those sarnies which was the second time in a month I've been served them (previously on LHR to BCN).
bafan likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by cammyloon
They advertise that all CE passengers receive a choice of meal
"Yes" or "No"...
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Christopher Sutton
We were on a CE back from MAN to LHR on bank holiday Monday. 6 rows of Club Europe on an A321. 4 ploughmans were loaded, the rest of us were offered the crappy finger sandwich afternoon tea. Wasn't impressed. Ploughmans is always gong to be preferred over those sarnies which was the second time in a month I've been served them (previously on LHR to BCN).
I think the Ploughmans is pretty awful. I much prefer the sandwiches, I just wish there were more of them (must be about 75% the size of a "normal" sandwich")....not really a Club meal.
SurreyFlightPath likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:00 pm
formerly Christopher Sutton

Programs: BA Silver
Agree @shefgab - not a meal at all. Would be better with a packet of Kettles! Lol. Can't believe I'm saying that for a CE meal!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.