Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Denied food in CE when everyone else got served

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Denied food in CE when everyone else got served

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2017, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Can I help you
The crew have no discretion and cannot offer anything from the BoB menu.
I was going to like this post but I thought that might send the wrong message to BA.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by seaskybound
Let me clarify, selling a CE seat or upgrade, at anytime before the flight, 24hrs or 24 minutes. Unless clarified that it may not have a meal (in CoC, ba.com etc) should not be accepted
Completely agree, except that hiding it in the CoC wouldn't be sufficient - it should be made clear in the upgrade booking process itself.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 5:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Couldn't you argue that since catering is really the only differentiator between CE and ET, that this was in fact a compulsory downgrade and that given that this was connecting to longhaul you are entitled to 75% of the cost back. I would have quite a bit of fun with that and the subsequent litigation even if ultimately I didn't win!
Personally I'd take the empty seat next to me over the food/drink offered any time. Hence CE from LCY being no value added over ET in my view.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Would a rude flight attendent get offended if you called him or her "stewardess!" or "steward!"?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator
Originally Posted by seaskybound
BA -could- if they were forward thinking have some kind of non-perishable meal as "backup". It won't go to waste....
Good idea, why not stocking sth. like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meal,_Ready-to-Eat
Old Aug 22, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Flip42
Good idea, why not stocking sth. like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meal,_Ready-to-Eat
These might be seen by some people as an improvement on the current offering....!
Old Aug 22, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: SkyTean, Star Alliance, HHonors
Originally Posted by Flip42
There's a lot of things I would prefer to an MRE, including hunger.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by PETER01
The CSM/SCCM should definitely have the discretion to offer something free from BoB in cases of missed catering but I don't know the exact BA policy on this. Poor overall.
Originally Posted by Can I help you
The crew have no discretion and cannot offer anything from the BoB menu.
CIHY, has this been the instruction from the start of BoB or recently firmed up? I only ask because on an early flight after the intro of BoB I was in CE and by the time I was served there was only one option left which I declined. The CSD offered me the beef sandwich from the BoB which I was very content with.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by antichef
CIHY, has this been the instruction from the start of BoB or recently firmed up?
From the start and discussed many times here. Your CSD may well have got in trouble for what they did for you.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 1:46 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by orbitmic
From the start and discussed many times here. Your CSD may well have got in trouble for what they did for you.
They would have got at least 2 weeks on the CCR pulpit for that, I would have thought. Or back to back to LAS.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
I imagine they could write it off as bad stock, but would only get away with this once or twice (or not at all if the customer dobs them in or Alex is in the next row!)
Old Aug 22, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
what are the factors that make CE better than ET?

1. lounge access
2. middle seat free
3. luggage
4. catering

So 1/4 missing, making it 25% of the price difference between ET and CE. If you are really on the mark, lets make it 12.5% since at least he got some drinks!
But all of these things do not cost the same. Checking in a bag, especially a 32kg one, costs the airline more than a set lunch at a decent restaurant. The extra space costs even more. Plus, not everybody is fussed about food - I have seen many times that people decline food in business and, especially, first class. If the price of a CE meal is about 5GBP, asking for a 25% refund off a 500GBP fare just does not make sense. When one of my BA flights got miscatered (that is, not catered at all), CE passengers got either a 10 or 8 GBP food voucher, which is what I would value CE food at.

On the other hand, I was on at least two flights when the airline was putting passengers into middle seats in business class because the flight was overbooked and they wanted to carry everyone on the flight - I would have been extremely peeved if I had been a business class passenger on those flights without the extra space I paid for.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by antichef
CIHY, has this been the instruction from the start of BoB or recently firmed up? I only ask because on an early flight after the intro of BoB I was in CE and by the time I was served there was only one option left which I declined. The CSD offered me the beef sandwich from the BoB which I was very content with.
Littlegirl when she bothers to post should be able to confirm that under no circumstance should BoB be used for CE Service Recovery.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ENTP
I imagine they could write it off as bad stock, but would only get away with this once or twice (or not at all if the customer dobs them in or Alex is in the next row!)
I thought this - but wouldn't be surprised if damaged / soiled stock is to be retained for verification..
Old Aug 22, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
I won't be dobbing anybody in, but was pleased it was done

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.