Problem with paying award with PayPal

Old Aug 20, 2017, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Problem with paying award with PayPal

Is anyone having problems when using the option to pay for an award with PayPal lately?

I book ticket, right up to payment page. Redirects me to my PayPal account. I enter info. Site then says it's processing my booking. Then on the next page it says that it's having problems contacting PayPal and stops my booking. But I receive notification from PayPal that says that British Airways has requested xx from my account but payment won't be paid till BA processes the transaction.

So there's nothing wrong with PayPal. This has been going on for 3 days now. Am wondering if anyone else is also having same problem or is it just me?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:37 am

It may have to do with PayPal as an intermediary? I thought reward travel had to booked on an Amex rather than via an intermediary like PayPal. I could be wrong
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by williemaykit
It may have to do with PayPal as an intermediary? I thought reward travel had to booked on an Amex rather than via an intermediary like PayPal. I could be wrong
Using an Amex 2 4 1 voucher requires you to use that Card, however I don't think it matters for normal reward bookings.

OP - I would be inclined to call BA if this is your preferred method of payment and it is still not working for you. Remember reward flights can disappear quite quickly so best to snap up those seats if you can.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:52 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Small data point but I booked a non 2-4-1 reward, not for me and not on BA metal but using PayPal, on Friday without any problems.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.