LGW lounge opening and check-in

Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
LGW lounge opening and check-in

Hi, we're on the 0630 LGW-ALC tomorrow, BA Gold and all in CE. couple of quick questions:

- Lounge opening says 5.15, or is it 5am as per LHR?

- What time will check in desks open?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:22 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I think the check in desks open at 04:00, but it may say on your Other Ways to Check in section of MMB. For a flight at that hour 05:00 will be amble with checked bags, particularly if you're ok to use the machines, and later on HBO. The lounge does indeed open at 05:15 and no sooner, the First section stays closed until 07:00 hrs, but the main lounge is fully open.

Have a good time in Alicante, I hope you get an early chance to see the huge view of the bay from Santa Barbara castle.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I think the check in desks open at 04:00, but it may say on your Other Ways to Check in section of MMB. For a flight at that hour 05:00 will be amble with checked bags, particularly if you're ok to use the machines, and later on HBO. The lounge does indeed open at 05:15 and no sooner, the First section stays closed until 07:00 hrs, but the main lounge is fully open.

Have a good time in Alicante, I hope you get an early chance to see the huge view of the bay from Santa Barbara castle.
Thanks CWS, we'll try and head to the castle.

We've 4.30am valet car parking booked so the timing is all good.

the kids want to head into the lounge but Mrs P is putting a spanner in the works. The in-laws booked too but with Monach and says we should stick together...me thinks not in a busy LGW.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:45 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by NeilP
the kids want to head into the lounge but Mrs P is putting a spanner in the works. The in-laws booked too but with Monach and says we should stick together...me thinks not in a busy LGW.
Surely the logic of that falls apart the second someone booked two groups on two completely different airlines? I'm probably missing something!
Old Aug 20, 2017, 1:06 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Surely the logic of that falls apart the second someone booked two groups on two completely different airlines? I'm probably missing something!
I expected sage advice cws but here it is.

Don't upset your wife and inlaws before your holiday has even begun when the offering is a free bacon roll and some poor coffee.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 3:00 am

Programs: BA Executive club Gold ,Skywards
What time are bacon rolls available until in LGW galleries lounge ?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by jasensteve
What time are bacon rolls available until in LGW galleries lounge ?
It is now until 11:00 hrs.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 3:02 am

Programs: BA Executive club Gold ,Skywards
Thanks for the super quick answer cws

Last edited by jasensteve; Aug 20, 2017 at 9:27 am
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by NeilP
The Grain Store does an excellent breakfast and their service is pretty quick too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.