LHR-LAS, not a trip report!

Old Aug 19, 2017, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

LHR-LAS, not a trip report!

So there has been quite a bit of discussion on here on various threads about BA LHR-LAS, about the state of the aircraft etc so having flown the route a couple of days ago I'll give some feedback.

The flight departed pretty much on time, maybe 10mins delay and landed 20mins early. Good!

Boarding was a mess. Despite attempts to board those who needed assistance first followed by first & gold and then Club, there was a scrum from everyone with priority boarding which was not managed. Bad!

Pre departure beverage, menu, amenity kit and bottled water all handed out prior to take off. CSM introduced himself to every passenger upstairs. Good!

The aircraft was really showing her age. The seat itself was fine but side walls & overhead bins were falling apart and held together by tape. The IFE was slow, poor quality and lacking in content. In addition the plane was filthy with wine spilled down the side of the seat, used contact lenses in the bin beside the seat and crumbs all over the floor. I told one of the crew and was told this was nothing to do with BA, it was a 3rd party but she'd report it. Bad!

Out starter arrived on the same tray as dessert & cheese. We were told this was due to the strike. Both were small in size and poor in quality. We were never offered tea, coffee, after dinner drink etc. Poor!

My main tasted ok but suddenly I found something hard in my mouth, it was a chipped piece of the dish. I called the crew and again was told this was due to a 3rd party so asked to speak to the CSM. He was much more apologetic and said he'd write up a report. He again apologised as I left the aircraft. Overall very poor though!

The second "meal" was awful. Afternoon tea replaced by half a ciabatta about
the length of my finger. They'd ran out of all beer at that point. Again, poor!

So overall not a great experience.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 7:50 pm

I've had a similar experience to jfk although a shorter flight. Cleanliness is always an issue- I would complain and I know Ba will come back apologise and say they will feedback. Then I would go to mcol as you did not get the experience they describe
Old Aug 20, 2017, 8:32 am

We will be in on this aircraft next June LAS - LHR (in F). Not good reading!
Old Aug 20, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: BA Silver
The chipped dish piece is actually a serious health and safety issue and something you should follow up with BA.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:25 am

LHR-LAS

Just don't understand why they can't smarten it up.
You read wo after wo on this route and they still use hideous old AC and there suppose to be proud BA guess its our stupid fault for booking BA i guess. Not all pAX are stag doos and hen parties what about everyone else!!! Not good cust service .
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by DNA666
Just don't understand why they can't smarten it up.
You read wo after wo on this route and they still use hideous old AC and there suppose to be proud BA guess its our stupid fault for booking BA i guess. Not all pAX are stag doos and hen parties what about everyone else!!! Not good cust service .

Interestingly, these same aircraft are regularly used on many other routes from T3:
  • Accra, Ghana
  • Cape Town, South Africa
  • Denver, USA
  • Las Vegas, USA
  • Miami, USA
  • Nairobi, Kenya
  • Phoenix, USA
  • Vancouver, Canada
In addition they fly from T5, and have been seen even on the flagship JFK route. Despite this we mostly only appear read complaints here when these aircraft are used on the LAS sectors.
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
So overall not a great experience.
Doesn't sound too good. Will you carry on with BA or go elsewhere?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA Amex Prem, BA Amex Business, Amex Platinum, Coutts Silk, Hilton Diamond etc.
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Interestingly, these same aircraft are regularly used on many other routes from T3:
  • Accra, Ghana
  • Cape Town, South Africa
  • Denver, USA
  • Las Vegas, USA
  • Miami, USA
  • Nairobi, Kenya
  • Phoenix, USA
  • Vancouver, Canada
In addition they fly from T5, and have been seen even on the flagship JFK route. Despite this we mostly only appear read complaints here when these aircraft are used on the LAS sectors.
Plus an engine caught fire on one, guess where surprise surprise.
I blame the UK to LAS clientele?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by crazy8534
Plus an engine caught fire on one, guess where surprise surprise.
I blame the UK to LAS clientele?

p.s. the engine issue was with a LGW B772
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Just looked at my return to LHR tomorrow evening and it's already showing a 70minute delay (inbound is delayed).

To answer your question about will I fly BA any more, as much as possible I've switched by transatlantic flying to AA, either via LHR or PHL. I find them better in most aspects such as food, seat, aircraft condition etc and now that QR & AY fly from DUB, I'm no longer hostage to BA flying east. So in short, only if I have to or they're significantly cheaper
Old Aug 20, 2017, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Just looked at my return to LHR tomorrow evening and it's already showing a 70minute delay (inbound is delayed).

To answer your question about will I fly BA any more, as much as possible I've switched by transatlantic flying to AA, either via LHR or PHL. I find them better in most aspects such as food, seat, aircraft condition etc and now that QR & AY fly from DUB, I'm no longer hostage to BA flying east. So in short, only if I have to or they're significantly cheaper
The BA274 tomorrow is only showing a 19 minute delay

I'm on the BA271 tonight, and yes we have a 21 minute delay at the moment although we are due at LHR 9 minutes early ... and not looking forward to T3-T5 trek to my MAN flight.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 10:49 am

Take some pics of your flight post them. Give us a heads up of how bad it really is!!!
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DNA666
Take some pics of your flight post them. Give us a heads up of how bad it really is!!!
I did take a couple but don't know how to post
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Go advanced and manage attachments - you can upload easily from iPhone
Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA
Post them on Twitter to BA
LCSinTexas likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.