Qatar operated BA route (strike)

Old Aug 18, 17, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Silver, Tesco, BA Amex, Kris Flyer
Qatar operated BA route (strike)

I am flying to KBP tomorrow and it looks like it is on Qatar metal, does this mean BOB is still in practice?

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 18, 17, 1:42 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Nordic Choice Hotels Silver, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by the_seeker1977 View Post
I am flying to KBP tomorrow and it looks like it is on Qatar metal, does this mean BOB is still in practice?

Thanks in advance
It will be complimentary snacks and drinks.
Old Aug 18, 17, 1:44 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
and plenty space in the emergency exit rows ....and usb power at each seat ..... and a nice GnT. Almost make one want more strikes!
Old Aug 18, 17, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Silver, Tesco, BA Amex, Kris Flyer
Originally Posted by wanderingjock View Post
and plenty space in the emergency exit rows ....and usb power at each seat ..... and a nice GnT. Almost make one want more strikes!
Many thanks - this sounds excellent, maybe Qatar should start operating some EU to EU routes
Old Aug 18, 17, 5:16 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by wanderingjock View Post
I've yet to fly on a QR replacement with power. It's clearly not every plane.

A free drink is waiting, although the Cornish Pizza makes me have wistful thoughts of BOB.
Old Aug 19, 17, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by florens View Post
It will be complimentary snacks and drinks.
Only soft-drinks, no alcohol, on the QR-operated flights I have been on. Snack was not eatable (this was on the OSL-route). This is in ET.

Only good thing is row 8 (bulkhead like row 1), if you like that.
Old Aug 19, 17, 5:42 am

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Discus View Post
Only soft-drinks, no alcohol, on the QR-operated flights I have been on. Snack was not eatable (this was on the OSL-route). This is in ET.

Only good thing is row 8 (bulkhead like row 1), if you like that.
I can't be certain, but I'm fairly sure I had a beer on an LHR-BCN QR operated flight just over a month ago.
Old Aug 19, 17, 6:10 am

Both times I've had QR stand-in on BA821 from Copenhagen to LHR they've provided alcohol on request. The snack in ET has been a margherita calzone.
Old Aug 19, 17, 6:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, Asiana Diamond
I had a couple of free G&Ts on a QR operated flight to Berlin yesterday. Snacks were a cobbled together bag of Walkers and a cheap, mass catering packet of shortbread biscuits. Miserable indeed. No power and the cabin was really showing its age. I also felt that the overwing exit rows had less pitch than on the BA equivalent. Could be wrong though. The BA A320s are certainly sexier on the inside, and I disembarked wishing I had been on one of them. Which came as a bit of a surprise.
Old Aug 19, 17, 8:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Qatar are showing what we are missing flying BA and how badly we are treated service wise. Qatar on board service is first class. And the USB ports, space and comfortable seats are great, what more the drink/snacks!
Old Aug 19, 17, 10:19 am
Suspended

Flew my first BA flight operated by Qatar last night.

Domestic from NCL to LHR, served a pack of biscuit containing 3 bars and a bag of crisps. Drinks were offered free of charge. Seat next to me ordered 2 Gin and Tonic water.

Full flight, crew managed to finish all drinks and snack service within 20 minutes (from 21:13-21:33 as I timed it). 2 trolley with 3 staff member.

Business class was offered full meal (salad and chicken or similar). Meal order done before departure.

Seat very comfortable. Had the first row of Y and the seat come with head rest and foot rest.

Flight has no PTV but only shared overhead TV, was not switched on.

Great flight and I am praying BA strike goes further.

It will be Qatar or cheapest airline for me in future. BA is a glorified Vueling at this moment. Qatar's business makes BA's business class looks like an overpriced Y product. Rant over.
Old Aug 19, 17, 10:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by chongcao View Post
Flew my first BA flight operated by Qatar last night.

Domestic from NCL to LHR, served a pack of biscuit containing 3 bars and a bag of crisps. Drinks were offered free of charge. Seat next to me ordered 2 Gin and Tonic water.

Full flight, crew managed to finish all drinks and snack service within 20 minutes (from 21:13-21:33 as I timed it). 2 trolley with 3 staff member.

Business class was offered full meal (salad and chicken or similar). Meal order done before departure.

Seat very comfortable. Had the first row of Y and the seat come with head rest and foot rest.

Flight has no PTV but only shared overhead TV, was not switched on.

Great flight and I am praying BA strike goes further.

It will be Qatar or cheapest airline for me in future. BA is a glorified Vueling at this moment. Qatar's business makes BA's business class looks like an overpriced Y product. Rant over.

I share you're sentiments.
Old Aug 22, 17, 11:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I'm flying back QR SIN > DOH > ARN. My last leg of ARN > LHR with BA is now operatered by QR. Do you think they will check my bags all the way through or not worth the risk? Looking forward to continuing the last leg of my journey QR as well
Old Aug 22, 17, 11:50 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, BA Gold, Hyatt
I'm flying on a QR operated flights to KBP tomorrow (Aug 24) and then back to LHR on Sunday and just looking forward to a clean plane, frankly. The last few BA planes I've been on have been disgustingly filthy with various things broken that everyone around us was commenting about the sorry state of the planes, so I imagine a QR plane will be a nice change from that.
Old Aug 22, 17, 11:51 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, IHG Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jday View Post
I'm flying back QR SIN > DOH > ARN. My last leg of ARN > LHR with BA is now operatered by QR. Do you think they will check my bags all the way through or not worth the risk? Looking forward to continuing the last leg of my journey QR as well
Qatar will through-check now regardless of whether it's BA or QR operating the final BA flight.

BA wouldn't the other way round, however, as it would still be BA check in staff following BA rules etc.

Have a great set of flights! I did LHR-ARN-DOH-SIN myself all on QR 10 days ago. I'm looking forward to the return legs.

Originally Posted by chongcao
BA is a glorified Vueling
Originally Posted by wolf72
I share your sentiments
I got my head bitten off for talking about the current BA product and brand similarly in another QR operated flights thread. No doubt the BA-can-do-no-wrong brigade of this forum will be along shortly to chastise you.

You are of course both absolutely correct.
icegreen, Tuggster and BlackSkyuk like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: