FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   The Wolves of World Traveller (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1861706-wolves-world-traveller.html)

Gildas Aug 18, 2017 9:26 am

The Wolves of World Traveller

Had a curious experience on one of those long Asia-LHR "three" meal flights. I was asleep - sleeping quite well actually - and woke up briefly to realize the crew were bringing round the mid-flight snack boxes. I took one, shoved it in the seat pocket, and went back to sleep.

Woke up a couple of hours later and it was GONE! :eek:

I realize those long flights can be hungry ones, but still.

Unless the snack boxes have been enhanced and it was all a dream...

Paralytic Aug 18, 2017 9:55 am

Whilst I love the idea of an interloper from CW, starving through lack of food, creeping through WT looking for scraps, I suspect the crew thought it was rubbish and stuck it in a bag without looking at it while clearing the cabin.

tedcruz Aug 18, 2017 9:58 am

My suggestion, fly J!

gypsyjaney Aug 18, 2017 2:09 pm

Great thread title!

LSunbury Aug 18, 2017 2:31 pm

For a moment so excited to see my home town football team get a mention on FT - maybe because of our stunning start to the season.

But no - wrong Wolves :D

noniron Aug 18, 2017 2:42 pm

This is a confessional......I was once chaperoning my now departed Nana on a YYC-LHR Air Canada flight as a teenager, she ordered a Scotch as a nightcap and the crew popped a couple of miniatures into her seat pocket as she fell asleep.

I wasn't sleepy and decided to liberate the said Scotch, she woke up with a start 30 mins later 'where's my whiskey? they left it in front of me'

You're doting Nana nobody has been with us since the meal service, press the call bell and ask for some more. She did and it was duly delivered but fell asleep again and once more I was like the magpie, we both slept soundly to LHR!

Jed Aug 18, 2017 2:46 pm

You were lucky it wasn't just the snack box that was gone. I've had a pillow taken from me before (last row of AA J- woke up to find it missing- curtains were open- noticed someone in Y around 4 rows back had it)

Flexible preferences Aug 18, 2017 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by noniron (Post 28707638)
This is a confessional......I was once chaperoning my now departed Nana on a YYC-LHR Air Canada flight as a teenager, she ordered a Scotch as a nightcap and the crew popped a couple of miniatures into her seat pocket as she fell asleep.

I wasn't sleepy and decided to liberate the said Scotch, she woke up with a start 30 mins later 'where's my whiskey? they left it in front of me'

You're doting Nana nobody has been with us since the meal service, press the call bell and ask for some more. She did and it was duly delivered but fell asleep again and once more I was like the magpie, we both slept soundly to LHR!

:D Very good. But, do you think she didn't know? ;)

noniron Aug 18, 2017 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences (Post 28707655)
:D Very good. But, do you think she didn't know? ;)

Yes, I think so when I was boking at 0630 in the LHR lav's but nothing was said!

sunshinebob Aug 18, 2017 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by noniron (Post 28707700)
Yes, I think so when I was boking at 0630 in the LHR lav's but nothing was said!

"boking"?????

Is that bonking or puking? Its a completely different story.....

sentosa Aug 18, 2017 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by sunshinebob (Post 28707996)
"boking"?????

Is that bonking or puking? Its a completely different story.....

Boking is Norniron/Scottish for puking :p::p:p
I suspect OP 's Username gives it away !!!

Gildas Aug 18, 2017 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Paralytic (Post 28706524)
Whilst I love the idea of an interloper from CW, starving through lack of food, creeping through WT looking for scraps, I suspect the crew thought it was rubbish and stuck it in a bag without looking at it while clearing the cabin.

An in-flight enhancement! "Our customers have told us they like the additional space afforded to them by not having space in the seat pockets taken up by the snack boxes."

fly747first Aug 18, 2017 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by tedcruz (Post 28706533)
My suggestion, fly J!

:D:D:D:D

LTN Phobia Aug 18, 2017 10:01 pm

I'd put up a seriously boring suggestion and say that it might have been mistakenly cleared by crew members who thought you'd finished and it was just rubbish. :eek: