Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

App Upgrades (AppUp) tracking and discussion

Old Aug 23, 2017, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mjh0
This thread concerns the new (August 2017) option of being able to upgrade your bookings via the BA App - both Android and iOS versions, after Online Check-in, hereafter known by the unofficial title of AppUp.

This is an emerging feature, more details will follow as we find out more about this. See post 2 for a few more specifics.

Please list the destination, along with the price in its respective currency, followed by the month and year it was offered.

Short haul routes from LON to/from Europe
  • ARN - 89 (Aug, Oct 2017)
  • BRU - 79 (Oct 2017)
  • EDI - 79 (Aug 2017)
  • FRA - 49 (Oct 2017)
  • GLA - 75 (Aug 2017)
  • MAN - 59 (Aug 2019)

Long haul routes from LON
  • CAI - 100 [WT > WTP] (Oct 2017)
  • EWR - 333 [WTP > CW] (Nov 2017)
  • NBO - 359 [WT > WTP] (Nov 2017)
Print Wikipost

App Upgrades (AppUp) tracking and discussion

Old Aug 23, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Anyone know if (a la POUG) these upgrades will only be offered on simple to/from LON itineraries or if they'll be available for those on flights connecting through LON too?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 2:49 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
With the kind assistance of the Mods, this thread has been retitled and a wiki added. I have also amended post 2 with some core details.

However as must be evident we probably could do with more content to this emerging feature and so it would be good to track what goes on here. The particular interest is in upgrades issued AFTER T-24 (so at OLCI and beyond), since the ability to upgrade after check-in is the unique feature here.

The sort of thing which would be interesting would be when you first noticed the upgrade, changes in prices before and after T-24 and whether your ticket was a straight forward BA.com ticket or was issued via other channels. Don't hesitate to put something up, ideally including a few screenshots if you can - as things evolve the thread will evolve alongside the knowledge base.

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Anyone know if (a la POUG) these upgrades will only be offered on simple to/from LON itineraries or if they'll be available for those on flights connecting through LON too?
Indeed that is the sort of information which would be useful to find out at this stage.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:10 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

This thread has now been added to the forum dashboard. Look out for this widget...

Old Aug 24, 2017, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Diamond
Thank you, cws, for making my thread a wiki. I have edited the wiki post with our initial findings, and hope it looks good enough to carry on from there.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
LHR-ARN-LHR 89 each way for Feb WIKI updated got mine on the app but failed at payment so had to call.
John
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
First time I've seen it offered on a long-haul flight post check-in. It was 108 yesterday pre check-in. Now down to 100.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:44 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Are there any reports of successful payment after OLCI without intervention from the Contact Centre?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
49 from LHR to FRA.

Did not work, however. Paid 59 for an AUP at LHR.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:51 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold Amb.
Lhr-Bru 79 each way. Through the app for a flight a couple of weeks ago.

Booking was through Egencia, which usually won't upgrade through manage booking.
​​​​​​
Old Oct 19, 2017, 4:45 pm

Programs: OWS, *A G
NBO-LHR WT>WTP 359

which I thought was ridiculous. However, Ive been thrown out of my reserved seat and dumped into 51D on 744v1. Seat selection is not working through the app or PC browser.

Am not sure if this is the stick component...
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:40 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
So this is odd. I'm getting the AppUp button now but it does nothing. It's still2-3 days to check in.
Attached Images  
Old Nov 9, 2017, 2:17 am

Well technically, that's not an AppUp as in the header as you haven't OLCI. It looks like the normal upgrade offer but with a glitch that's stopping it working.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by Pumplekin
Last domestic I did, LGW to EDI...
Originally Posted by Pumplekin
I think it was 79 for the upgrade, from a HBO ticket.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
OK, theses rates are about 10 above POUG and AUP for domestic upgrades.
I pay 69 AUP LHR-EDI, but 79 if on handbag only fare. Looking at AUP thread LHR-GLA is the same 69, but not sure if that's the going rate from LGW. If so then 79 AppUp looks the same as the AUP when flying on HBO.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Agreed, it looks like it's really broken showing an POUG with an AppUp feel?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 7:50 am

I have finally managed an AppUp to CE after OLCI and after having previously downloaded an App boarding pass for ET. Now I did need to call up to arrange payment (which may have been needed anyway due to the ticket's past history), but it went through fairly swiftly. I left it an hour for ticketing to complete. I then went to the App / View and Manage More Flight Details - it was still showing ET as I half expected - and then to Manage My Booking at the foot of that particular screen. This allowed me to go through check-in again, select seating in the usual way, but because you are off the App's internal software at this point you can't get an App boarding pass. So I emailed my new boarding pass to me anyway in the hope the App boarding pass would refresh. So far, no luck, pressing the refresh button on the top right produces "Boarding Pass refresh unsuccessful, please try again later" and I'm still with a ET boarding pass. Doubtless resolvable at the airport. At least I'm checked in and with a suitable seat chosen.
rockflyertalk likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.