Wiki Posts
Search

'First' post in a while

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by CCayley
In any event unless arriving at T5 in a taxi or limo my preferred route would still be North Security Fast Track and straight to the CCR, rather than the grand tour required to use the first wing.
I have to disagree on this. The first wing is far better for access to both GF and CCR. Fast Track is hit and miss, I've found the First Wing to be only good ^
Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:29 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by CCayley
Oops, sorry didn't spot OP's additional post. In any event unless arriving at T5 in a taxi or limo my preferred route would still be North Security Fast Track and straight to the CCR, rather than the grand tour required to use the first wing.
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I have to disagree on this. The first wing is far better for access to both GF and CCR. Fast Track is hit and miss, I've found the First Wing to be only good ^
I may be unusual here but I actually like the exercise before a flight and the trek to the first wing gives me a chance to keep up with the kids on the step count.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 4:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
The kosher meals are the same in domestic CE as in international CE. Do you generally take kosher? Oh and by the way, welcome back.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: Deliveroo Plus
Originally Posted by ManchesterBDFlyer
4. I've heard they are doing special meals in Club even on the short haul flights from Manchester? Anyone had experience of either the veggie or kosher meals? Is it worth ordering veggie or is there always a veggie option available to choose on board?
4. Kosher meals are the same as always, avoid the breakfast (land or air) like the plague, surely ba/hermolis can do better! Virgin's kosher food however is always bang on especially their clubhouse menu.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 6:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by HilFly
Of course they would. Even Mr H noticed the flowers had disappeared, first from CW, then from F.
He doesn't count. I suspect he's been well trained by you.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Our first First Wing experience was a week ago, arriving ex-LGW and after M23/M25 traffic issues faced with an ever-diminishing prospect of making our onward connection. We were swept to front of the queue by the 'greeter', and led to a desk that wasn't currently assigned for bag-drop. Swiftly processed, quickly through Security, and ... breathe. About 10 minutes to spare before boarding started from A22.

BAEC Gold, and the First Wing, were worth their weight in ... Au
Sealink and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 1:12 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
I stupidly missed the chance to try the F Wing not long ago. Had the choice of either outbound or return leg in F and opted for the return on the basis that I thought I would be pretty wiped out by my trip and appreciate the comfort.

Big miscalculation. I was indeed wiped out. But in fact so wiped out that I could have slept in Y quite frankly. So a J seat would have been fine. I fell asleep upright before my dessert even arrived and then woke up and stumbled to washroom while I got a turn down.

Would have been much better using it going out. Frankly don't know what IU was thinking. Oh well.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Originally Posted by yb90
4. Kosher meals are the same as always, avoid the breakfast (land or air) like the plague, surely ba/hermolis can do better! Virgin's kosher food however is always bang on especially their clubhouse menu.
The BA Club kosher evening meal is amazing. The old kosher breakfast was good. At least you don't need Borenstein kosher meals from the US.,The meals are fit only for animals...
Old Aug 18, 2017, 5:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by HIDDY
He doesn't count. I suspect he's been well trained by you.
Totally untrainable, actually. Maybe I need to send him to Mrs Hiddy for a while.

We are chalk and cheese. If Mr H complains about something, you know it is really, really bad.

He doesn't care which seat he occupies on board an aircraft.

He prefers to get some exercise at an airport rather than sitting in a lounge.

He has high status on multiple airlines but wouldn't even have joined the FFPs if I hadn't enrolled him, and he is not interested in miles, TPs, avios, platinum, gold, medallions or frecces. He wouldn't know how to book a redemption, and he doesn't know what benefits he gets with any of them. His cards are in a heap in a drawer.

He is quite happy to board a flight as the doors are closing, and if he drinks alcohol at all, it will be one glass of red wine with dinner on a long haul.
He doesn't care which airline he flies except that he doesn't like BA. He only flies BA when I book it for personal travel. For work travel, not only does he not fly BA himself, but he put it on the no-fly list for everyone else.

So the day his BA flight from LHR was delayed and he went into the Galleries lounge, he was absolutely appalled to discover that his food options were revolting sandwiches that were also stale, and one kind of stale cake. This is the first time in his life that Mr H met a cake he didn't like! It had to have been disgusting.

But he noticed the lack of flowers - I don't think he cared very much, but he noticed.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 6:05 am

Programs: BA Silver
If Mr H complains about something, you know it is really, really bad.

He doesn't care which seat he occupies on board an aircraft.

He prefers to get some exercise at an airport rather than sitting in a lounge.

He has high status on multiple airlines but wouldn't even have joined the FFPs if I hadn't enrolled him, and he is not interested in miles, TPs, avios, platinum, gold, medallions or frecces. He wouldn't know how to book a redemption, and he doesn't know what benefits he gets with any of them. His cards are in a heap in a drawer.

He is quite happy to board a flight as the doors are closing, and if he drinks alcohol at all, it will be one glass of red wine with dinner on a long haul.
He doesn't care which airline he flies except that he doesn't like BA. He only flies BA when I book it for personal travel. For work travel, not only does he not fly BA himself, but he put it on the no-fly list for everyone else.

So the day his BA flight from LHR was delayed and he went into the Galleries lounge, he was absolutely appalled to discover that his food options were revolting sandwiches that were also stale, and one kind of stale cake. This is the first time in his life that Mr H met a cake he didn't like! It had to have been disgusting.

But he noticed the lack of flowers - I don't think he cared very much, but he noticed.
I suspect your Mr. H and HIDDY could have a future bromance
HIDDY likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by ManchesterBDFlyer
Thanks! @Tobias-UK and @dylanks

I will be travelling alone so no issue with that. Have an overnight at LHR on the way out as I don't want to miss my flight the next morning - it's winter and if one flight in the entire network is cancelled it will be the MAN one, so decided to come to London the day before. This means I can try out the First Wing, although it doesn't sound that exciting.

I seriously cannot believe that they haven't sorted out the showers - they were disgusting 3 years ago!
The First Wing was excellent on my last trip under 5 mins* and something I thought BA should be applauded for.

*including emptying and repacking my bag plus removing and putting back on my boots.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by Paralytic
I suspect your Mr. H and HIDDY could have a future bromance
I see two problems.

Firstly, Hiddy will insist on telling Mr H how wonderful BA is, and if he doesn't like it Mr H is a Moaning Minnie. The bromance will be over when Mr H gives Hiddy the Mr H death stare!

Secondly, the two of them will never go anywhere without Mrs Hiddy and I to sort them out.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 8:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Do the poor man a favour and top booking BA then.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
There was no amuse bouche on my LHR - ORD last week.
And no amenity pack coming back last night.
Food at CCR was pretty decent.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:34 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Sealink
And no amenity pack coming back last night.
Just you or none for the entire cabin? Did the staff offer any explanation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.