Search

BA 1462 LHR-EDI operated by QR today?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:10 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
BA 1462 LHR-EDI operated by QR today?

Forgive me if this is the usual setup. I booked a flight CDG-LHR-EDI expecting BA metal all the way and was surprised to find a QR A320 (A7-LAD) and QR crew waiting for the flight to EDI. Is there a reason for this, or a normal codeshare? Don't recall seeing a QR flight # on the board with the other codeshares, just BA 1452 with "Operated by Qatar Airways" underneath. Thanks

EDIT: 1452
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: Some
See info here (relates to ongoing strike action by BA's Mixed Fleet crew) - Qatar Operated BA Flight Information - During MF Strike
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:14 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
See info here (relates to ongoing strike action by BA's Mixed Fleet crew) - Qatar Operated BA Flight Information - During MF Strike
A7-LAD (this plane) isn't listed there
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Forgive me if this is the usual setup. I booked a flight CDG-LHR-EDI expecting BA metal all the way and was surprised to find a QR A320 (A7-LAD) and QR crew waiting for the flight to EDI. Is there a reason for this, or a normal codeshare? Don't recall seeing a QR flight # on the board with the other codeshares, just BA 1452 with "Operated by Qatar Airways" underneath. Thanks

EDIT: 1452
It's not a codeshare, but rather a wetlease. It cannot be bought as a QR flight.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
QR have just rotated some planes out and others in as the strike goes on.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: Some
Indeed, looks like it's a new addition to the 'BQA' fleet, just flew in from Istanbul - https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-lad

Has been switched for A7-LAA - https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-laa
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:17 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks guys! I knew you'd sort me out. Should I anticipate any issues with miles posting to my AA acct? Ty
Calchas likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nope, should post as a normal BA flight. Keep the boarding pass just in case.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Calchas
Nope, should post as a normal BA flight. Keep the boarding pass just in case.
Ground operations will still be BA, the flight number is BA, so nothing that your boarding pass comes into contact with from a records perspective will be any different. Enjoy the flight - especially if you're up front. (But even if you're not, buy on board has been replaced with a drink and a snack).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.