FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Martin, where's 1A ? Is it up there ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1861119-martin-wheres-1a-up-there.html)

Midlander Aug 15, 17 10:40 am

Martin, where's 1A ? Is it up there ?

Just boarded a 744, and the cabin crew member who met me at the door didn't know where 1a was and had to ask a colleague...

Not a great start...

Also seem to be far fewer items on the menu than there were 30 days ago when released. Only two starter options, and two desert options (one of which is ice cream)... Hmm. Budget cuts biting here too, even if it sounds like I'm being petty...

missdimeaner Aug 15, 17 10:44 am

What route ?
I assume the crew were (in part) 'cover' for the MF strike.
Pretty poor show to not know the seating arrangements though.

LondonCanuck Aug 15, 17 10:46 am

Could have been worse and they would have guessed "all the way to the back Sir, left side, next to the bathroom"... :-)

I imagine that is where they sent to Club passengers in upper deck...

Paralytic Aug 15, 17 10:48 am

Not quite as bad, but I once boarded a 744 with a 64A boarding card in hand and was directed to the back of the plane. I can't quite remember my response, but I do now wonder if, had it been witnessed, it would have been relayed on the DYKWIA thread :D

msm2000uk Aug 15, 17 10:50 am

Maybe they were surprised that as 1A, you weren't dressed to fly the plane!

M

Tobias-UK Aug 15, 17 10:53 am

Originally Posted by missdimeaner (Post 28693053)
... I assume the crew were (in part) 'cover' for the MF strike...

I suspect you are correct. And that may also be the reason for the limited menu. I'd complain, if so.

Paralytic Aug 15, 17 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 28693106)
I suspect you are correct.

Are there any aircraft/airlines where 1A is not at the front? Has it ever been on the UD in the 744?

LondonCanuck Aug 15, 17 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Paralytic (Post 28693114)
Are there any aircraft/airlines where 1A is not at the front? Has it ever been on the UD in the 744?

Certainly is on the upper deck on the Qatar A380s, albeit also in front of the UD... 1A that is

Midlander Aug 15, 17 10:59 am

Apparently it's his first long haul...

They just had to give a manual safety demonstration too as the audio was broken on the main one...

It's LHR to LAS.

LTN Phobia Aug 15, 17 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Midlander (Post 28693031)
Just boarded a 744, and the cabin crew member who met me at the door didn't know where 1a was and had to ask a colleague...

Oh, that is embarrassing. You'd think they'd at least review the seat plan before standing at the door. :(

Can I help you Aug 15, 17 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Midlander (Post 28693139)
Apparently it's his first long haul...

They just had to give a manual safety demonstration too as the audio was broken on the main one...

It's LHR to LAS.

Sounds like someone doesn't know how to use the IFE system?

Tobias-UK Aug 15, 17 11:05 am

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia (Post 28693152)
Oh, that is embarrassing. You'd think they'd at least review the seat plan before standing at the door. :(

If this was his first long haul, he was certainly a poor choice to man the door. It sounds like the CSM might need some extra training.

DYKWIA Aug 15, 17 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 28693166)
If this was his first long haul, he was certainly a poor choice to man the door. It sounds like the CSM might need some extra training.

He is the CSM :D

Can I help you Aug 15, 17 11:51 am

That's says it all really, is his name badge blue?

jmacconnacher Aug 15, 17 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Paralytic (Post 28693114)

Virgin Atlantic, the forward most Upper Class seats on the 747 start at 12. I believe row 1 is at the front of the upper deck.