Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Martin, where's 1A ? Is it up there ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:08 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Shouldn't they at least have a working knowledge of the aircraft seat plan for safety reasons? I can imagine in the event of an evacuation, they might at least need to know where 1A is as the passenger sat there might be Grand Siecled out and may need assistance to evacuate.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
And he is in charge, it's the BA way!
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by Jed
Shouldn't they at least have a working knowledge of the aircraft seat plan for safety reasons? I can imagine in the event of an evacuation, they might at least need to know where 1A is as the passenger sat there might be Grand Siecled out and may need assistance to evacuate.
There is no assistance provided to evacuate.If you get your self Grand Siecled out you are on your own.
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club
Ah ......Grand Siecled out ....... now there's a thought to help me sleep Saturday and Sunday night!

OF
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Why would you put somebody unfamiliar with the aircraft on the door?! I know MF new entrants arent even trained in CW at first (presumably so many leave within 6 months it's not worth the training) - they do get a module on CE service...though this corroborates what you said about them letting anyone with a pulse work. Everyone has to start somewhere but...not having a basic grasp of airline seat numbering doesnt bode well does it?!
Old Aug 15, 2017, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
Why would you put somebody unfamiliar with the aircraft on the door?! I know MF new entrants arent even trained in CW at first (presumably so many leave within 6 months it's not worth the training) - they do get a module on CE service...though this corroborates what you said about them letting anyone with a pulse work. Everyone has to start somewhere but...not having a basic grasp of airline seat numbering doesnt bode well does it?!
Not enough trained people reporting for work.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by OldFruity
Ah ......Grand Siecled out ....... now there's a thought to help me sleep Saturday and Sunday night!

OF
Trouble is sleep isn't sleep when I've had a few.Its more like horizontal damage control.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BA GGL, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Can I help you
And he is in charge, it's the BA way!
According to what I watched on ITV last night, I thought the captain was always in charge, followed by his/her first officer?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BA GGL, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Midlander
Apparently it's his first long haul...

They just had to give a manual safety demonstration too as the audio was broken on the main one...

It's LHR to LAS.
If he doesn't know where 1A is, then does he not know where the nearest fire extinguisher is, or the nearest medical items? Shouldn't be working cabin crew on a flight with passengers in my opinion.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:56 pm

Programs: BA:Silver (thanks paternity perk) , HH:Diamond
I had 1A once with VS (can't remember the specific config type) and it was on the upper deck EWR-LHR

however this is pretty bad. And the 64A sent to the back? Ouch made me chickle reading that
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:45 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by tynmar
I had 1A once with VS (can't remember the specific config type) and it was on the upper deck EWR-LHR

however this is pretty bad. And the 64A sent to the back? Ouch made me chickle reading that
Ive been sat near the back of a 747 while a UD Club pax has patiently waited to make his way back forward. A waiting steward imparting the news -'yes, you don't want to be back here sir'
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Damn, I always thought 1A when firstclass seating was actually the cockpit jumpseat
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:36 am

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
Originally Posted by Paralytic
Are there any aircraft/airlines where 1A is not at the front? Has it ever been on the UD in the 744?
On Vs upper class on upper deck had 1A
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:47 am

Programs: not a lot
Not knowing where 1A is, suspect IFE, I'd be concerned how they would react in the event of a genuine emergency if the basic fundamentals are missing. Thankfully, the pilots are some of the best in the business as is the maintenance.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:11 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Aaaah another fabulous tale of life aboard Bodgit Airways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.