Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nosiness at First Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:44 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Perhaps we should do a Lounge Swap - we each spend a week in the alternative domain.

Must dash - Channel 5 are on the phone for the format
Good luck with C5. Still, if you also manage to transfer my mug, plus Mo, Ann, Jamie, Borisz and all the other superstars, you might be in a with a chance. Ann's caustic take on the bling would certainly be something for which it would be worth travelling. You'll have to time it in around her pilates however.
BA5E likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:47 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Good luck with C5. Still, if you also manage to transfer my mug, plus Mo, Ann, Jamie, Borisz and all the other superstars, you might be in a with a chance. Ann's caustic take on the bling would certainly be something for which it would be worth travelling. You'll have to time it in around her pilates however.
The CWS Black Mug of Peril, can be easily moved, and you'll have fun meeting the Al Safwa versions of Mo and Co!

Ann will enjoy the pilates offered by the airside gym, so I'll make sure she is well taken care of!

Hopefully our paths will cross eventually!

M
Old Aug 15, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I count for one of the shy ones, albeit I can often be found in Doha at the Al Safwa Lounge.

Perhaps we should do a Lounge Swap - we each spend a week in the alternative domain.

Must dash - Channel 5 are on the phone for the format

M
Come back to DXB
Old Aug 15, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
I think BA hates me :(

Well, that seems a reasonable assumption anyway given that in c.100 BA flights as Gold or GGL, I have had:

LHR-AMS ET -> CE
LHR-LAX WT --> WTP

Just as well 80% of my OW spend in on ABBA
Old Aug 15, 2017, 11:43 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by m3red
Come back to DXB
Haha It's on my list of re-visits, but slightly curtailed with travel at the moment due to the January arrival of msm2000uk+1

I did meet with theox yesterday though, so I'm halfway to DXB!

M
theox likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by Upupintheair
Same here (shy, non-regular poster) however in the CCR almost every week but have never spotted the black mug or any other FT'ers as I still need to attend a Do to be able to recognise you....

Regarding op-ups, no difference from when I was Gold, this year just 1 or 2 so far.
Given that my primary longhaul route is via T3, I really don't make it into the CCR very often (I spent more time over the past 12 months in the T3 CX lounge than in the CCR!). Roughly 10 visits to the CCR in 2016 and only 6 thus far this year with probably 2-4 more upcoming this year.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
To be fair, I'm able to account for almost all the CCRs that post on FT very regularly, since I've generally met them at some point. There are only a few shy ones that I've not encountered yet.
Having been a CCR Holder for all of 3 days now , I was delighted to have been one of the "14" yesterday and I'm looking forward to meeting C-W-S. sometime soon.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL; Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by pjh981
Having been a CCR Holder for all of 3 days now , I was delighted to have been one of the "14" yesterday and I'm looking forward to meeting C-W-S. sometime soon.
My wife and I were 2 of yesterday's "14" so FT accounts for at least 3 of the 14 yesterday!
robertf999 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Originally Posted by gorps1
My wife and I were 2 of yesterday's "14" so FT accounts for at least 3 of the 14 yesterday!
I was also in the CCR yesterday!

I'm in my third year of CCR and haven't received many upgrades. I managed two in one month but can't think of many more in the last 5 years or so.

More importantly I'd like to know how people are selected for the GGL/CCR BA events that I have never received an invite for despite seeing the same names get an invite to many of them... but I'm not bitter
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by KARFA
What????? Here I am going on that route every week and never an OpUp!!!!

I am not bitter
Ah you're a lager man
Calchas likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
only met the 'Wise One' once - had a very long day before hand and a few too many , so maybe we too now count as shy..... as we hide away... well, at the bar
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:52 pm

Programs: Deliveroo Plus
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Either the 470 CCR holders is nonsense or people aren't truthful on their profiles!! There's no way 40/50 CCR holders have the time to frequent this board so much
If anyone wants to say hi to me or make sure I am real, I can be found on the balcony in the CCR usually around 7am on a Monday nibbling at the atrocious kosher breakfast. Don't be shy .
Calchas likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 12:31 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
As others have said, you will notice no difference at all on the ground, other than having access to a few slightly better lounges or bars. Since qualifying for GGL/CCR, the only flying-related change for me has also been a big increase in the number of upgrades, including double upgrades as well - though this is likely due to the routes and days I fly (Friday/Saturday flights to SIN, HKG, ICN, TYO in Y or W mainly).
Making GGL/CCR while flying W/Y how does that work?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 1:12 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
To be fair, I'm able to account for almost all the CCRs that post on FT very regularly, since I've generally met them at some point. There are only a few shy ones that I've not encountered yet.
To my regret I think I am one of them!
Old Aug 16, 2017, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by seaskybound
Making GGL/CCR while flying W/Y how does that work?
I did that last year. It hurt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.