Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nosiness at First Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 1:59 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by seaskybound
Making GGL/CCR while flying W/Y how does that work?
Sorry, i should have been clearer. 80% of my travel is on QR J, but on the infrequent occasions when the people footing my travel bills don't allow me to control my own flight bookings, I typically end up in Y (or occasionally W) and then prefer taking the direct route from London to Asia. When I'm able to book my own itineraries, I can usually find a J class ex-EU return for the Y class budget that has been allocated - thanks, it must be said, to all I've learned on Flyertalk! And, as we all know, TP earning on QR is a quick route to BA status if you can cope with the transit
Calchas likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA GGL/CCR, TK Elite Plus, Marriott Gold4Lyfe, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Tesco Blue
As a GGL/CCR, I wasn't aware I was entitled to a meeting with C-W-S. Are his appointments scheduled through the YouFirst line?

Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:20 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR , HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
I was also in the CCR yesterday!

I'm in my third year of CCR and haven't received many upgrades. I managed two in one month but can't think of many more in the last 5 years or so.

More importantly I'd like to know how people are selected for the GGL/CCR BA events that I have never received an invite for despite seeing the same names get an invite to many of them... but I'm not bitter
As was I! Second year of GGL+CCR for me.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyTeem
As a GGL/CCR, I wasn't aware I was entitled to a meeting with C-W-S. Are his appointments scheduled through the YouFirst line?

Nah, via FT - far more efficient
Calchas likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:13 am

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
Originally Posted by TabTraveller
I think this is SO route and date dependent - I fairly frequently end up with a J to F opup to/from asia and have had a few W to J on TATL trips but never J to F TATL.
90% of my J to F upgrades have been on TATL. The rest to DXB. None on my flights to Asia.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:20 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by bullroot
90% of my J to F upgrades have been on TATL. The rest to DXB. None on my flights to Asia.
I think it very much depends on the TATL route.

I'd imagine your chances of an Opup are going to be better as a single traveller on routes like LAS, TPA, etc. than you are on JFK or LAX.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:44 am

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I think it very much depends on the TATL route.

I'd imagine your chances of an Opup are going to be better as a single traveller on routes like LAS, TPA, etc. than you are on JFK or LAX.
I've been upgraded on various routes, SEA mostly but also SFO, LAS, YVR, SAN. I don't travel to the east coast. I do generally travel as a single traveller.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 4:54 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
C-W-S verified my identity in the CCR, last year!
Calchas likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:02 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Avis Presidents Club, Majestic Platinum*
Delighted to have met CWS on a flight before I was admitted to the ranks of CCR/GGL - as this was 3 months before I did qualify I am only just realising it may have been part of the process and not so random after all 😉
Calchas likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:02 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by brightstar100
C-W-S verified my identity in the CCR, last year!
Should there be a new thread?

CWSKWIA?
Calchas likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
So of the 5,000 CCR members on FT, BA only recognises 470 of them?

Another BA IT problem?
Fraser, Tobias-UK, Calchas and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: BA GGLFL, EK Gold
Originally Posted by krispy84
Should there be a new thread?

CWSKWIA?
Or in my case, CWSDKWIA, as I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting him as far as I know. I will look out for the black mug as a clue and introduce myself - possibly to some random stranger who has nicked the famous mug.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: VIPorter First, BA GGL, DL Plat, Golden Circle Elite
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Either the 470 CCR holders is nonsense or people aren't truthful on their profiles!! There's no way 40/50 CCR holders have the time to frequent this board so much
You assume that everyone gets that status through long slogs. I get, for example, 840 TP on an RT F trip to Dubai. That's 5 (with other travel) or 6 trips to CCR. Not to mention, I can do a (long) same-day trip to the US from YYZ and make 160TPs (ie YYZ-ORD-MEM-CLT-YYZ). In the old AA F days, that would have been 220TPs!
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: VIPorter First, BA GGL, DL Plat, Golden Circle Elite
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
I was also in the CCR yesterday!

I'm in my third year of CCR and haven't received many upgrades. I managed two in one month but can't think of many more in the last 5 years or so.
I was there also, so there's 5/14. As far as upgrades, I've never received any operation upgrade or downgrade from BA since joining 4 or 5 years ago (silver->gold->GGL/CCR->GGL/CCR in years 1-4).
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:17 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by kellytoronto
... I can do a (long) same-day trip to the US from YYZ and make 160TPs (ie YYZ-ORD-MEM-CLT-YYZ). In the old AA F days, that would have been 220TPs!
Wouldn't that have been 200 (40 for the international legs classed as business and 60 for the domestic US first legs)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.