1 person serving F

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2017, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Possibly, explain.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Just to finish this off, this was the reply to my last effort that I received today. Seriously, the bit about complimentary!!!

Will not give up on principle now ...!

Dear XXXX

Thanks for your email regarding our conversation on the phone on Thursday. I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with our response.

I realise you were unhappy with the service you received on board. The day you travelled, our focus was on operating as many of our flights as possible so we could recover from the disruption to our schedule. This meant we had to make operational changes on some of our flights.

As we’ve discussed previously, all additional services are complimentary and we always try to provide these services when possible. We appreciate that you feel the service was not adequate as there was only one crew member serving all five passengers. We have provided a sufficient amount of crew for the number of passengers in each cabin based on the Civil Aviation Authority guidelines. I’m sure you’ll understand we must apply a consistent approach to situations like this, so we’re fair to all our customers. This means we won’t make an exception. I know this will be disappointing to hear since it’s clear you expected more from us.

We’re very grateful for your feedback as it’s only through your comments we’re able to focus on areas where we need to improve.

Best regards
Old Aug 28, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by MANCHESTER99
Just to finish this off, this was the reply to my last effort that I received today. Seriously, the bit about complimentary!!!

I'm personally not remotely surprised by BA's response.

I think it was experienced contributor orbitmic who rightly opined, in another thread, that it's the platitudinous waffle in these letters which invariably ends up causing additional offence to BA pax who receive them.

Someone raised the question just recently as to whether BA might be on some sort of "charm offensive". This (not untypical) stance by BA - who seem to feel that their only obligations are those covered by law, rather than those relating to customer service - probably provides the answer.

The closing sentence of the letter is about as unconvincing as the reason given for their refusal to make any goodwill gesture whatever.

Last edited by subject2load; Aug 28, 2017 at 7:54 am
Old Aug 28, 2017, 7:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Complimentary services, I will make sure to ask for Spare F amenity bags next time I travel in Y!
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Complimentary services, I will make sure to ask for Spare F amenity bags next time I travel in Y!
Ah, but its only complimentary if you pay for it.
SK and Randeep like this.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Paralytic
Ah, but its only complimentary if you pay for it.
So let's see if I've got this right :

- if a passenger wants "additional services" then he must pay accordingly, by buying a ticket for a higher cabin

- but if BA don't actually provide "additional services" then no redress will be offered, because those services (the ones which you paid extra for) were in fact "complimentary" all along

- you are however entitled to a word of corporate thanks for taking the time to make your complaint (aka 'feedback' in BA parlance)

All rather confusing, isn't it ............
bafan likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)

Dear XXXX

Thanks for your email regarding our conversation on the phone on Thursday. I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with our response.

I realise you were unhappy with the service you received on board. The day you travelled, our focus was on operating as many of our flights as possible so we could recover from the disruption to our schedule. This meant we had to make operational changes on some of our flights.

As we’ve discussed previously, all additional services are complimentary and we always try to provide these services when possible. We appreciate that you feel the service was not adequate as there was only one crew member serving all five passengers. We have provided a sufficient amount of crew for the number of passengers in each cabin based on the Civil Aviation Authority guidelines. I’m sure you’ll understand we must apply a consistent approach to situations like this, so we’re fair to all our customers. This means we won’t make an exception. I know this will be disappointing to hear since it’s clear you expected more from us.

We’re very grateful for your feedback as it’s only through your comments we’re able to focus on areas where we need to improve.

Best regards
Another poor response. You paid for and expected a certain quality and level of service that you simply did not receive; industrial action is no excuse for that failure. Whilst additional services are complimentary at the point of delivery, they are very much included in the price of the ticket you purchased.

Industrial action is no excuse for poor or reduced service. You paid the full price of the ticket and so you should expect to receive the full advertised service.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by subject2load
So let's see if I've got this right :

- if a passenger wants "additional services" then he must pay accordingly, by buying a ticket for a higher cabin

- but if BA don't actually provide "additional services" then no redress will be offered, because those services (the ones which you paid extra for) were in fact "complimentary" all along...
Quite.

I would love to see BA try and defend this position in court...
Old Aug 28, 2017, 9:04 am
Original Poster

It's an incredible stance I have to say, hence my desire now to take it further, even if it gets me nowhere !
710 77345 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
It's an incredible stance I have to say, hence my desire now to take it further, even if it gets me nowhere !
I wouldn't bother with all the stress and hassle to take things further and probably not get alot in return anyway. Instead vote with your wallet and choose another airline if you are not happy; basically take your business elsewhere. Airlines are nothing more than public transport from point A to point B so take the opportunity to try other airlines and see if you prefer it 😊
Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Padmeister
I wouldn't bother with all the stress and hassle to take things further and probably not get alot in return anyway. Instead vote with your wallet and choose another airline if you are not happy; basically take your business elsewhere. Airlines are nothing more than public transport from point A to point B so take the opportunity to try other airlines and see if you prefer it 😊
Having flown a few of the better airlines in F, I'm in no doubt I will prefer them, but part of me does not want to let this go due to the shocking responses, so will keep pushing. Have already booked CX for my next HKG trip and actively seeking a decent fare on Swiss or Lufthansa for my next trip to Miami, but so far not finding anything as cheap as BA. I'm not a big spender so BA won't care either way if I stay or go. All I can hope for is that eventually the profits will start to tumble and some of the management will get the boot in favour of someone who can see the long term value in looking after your customers.

I had a service recovery issue with Etihad in F not so long ago, and it resulted in a one way comp ticket in F to AUH. Funily enough, I'm now loyal to them when needing to get to AUH.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Having flown a few of the better airlines in F, I'm in no doubt I will prefer them, but part of me does not want to let this go due to the shocking responses, so will keep pushing. Have already booked CX for my next HKG trip and actively seeking a decent fare on Swiss or Lufthansa for my next trip to Miami, but so far not finding anything as cheap as BA. I'm not a big spender so BA won't care either way if I stay or go. All I can hope for is that eventually the profits will start to tumble and some of the management will get the boot in favour of someone who can see the long term value in looking after your customers.

I had a service recovery issue with Etihad in F not so long ago, and it resulted in a one way comp ticket in F to AUH. Funily enough, I'm now loyal to them when needing to get to AUH.
Fair enough Manchester.

As much as people moan about BA I do think they are cheaper than the competition the likes of EK EY etc. BA have always done me proud and I don't get the issues that alot of people do on here or certainly moan about. But if I started to receive bad service or recovery I would definately start to look elsewhere. I am looking forward to the CW improvements coming along shortly to be honest.
Tobias-UK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.