1 person serving F

Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by flygirl68
Sorry for the (possibly) stupid question. For people flying with BA during the industrial action, have BA warned you about a possible reduction of service during these times?
Of course not.Once BA has your money why should they care.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by flygirl68
Sorry for the (possibly) stupid question. For people flying with BA during the industrial action, have BA warned you about a possible reduction of service during these times?
No, no warning.
flygirl68 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:19 am

Thanks for the info. Oh I've known for years how they 'care'.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Why are people accepting this, why isn't this service failure all over the press, some people think BA have an "agreement" with the British press?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:22 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Why are people accepting this, why isn't this service failure all over the press, some people think BA have an "agreement" with the British press?
I am with you on this CIHY, This should be over the press, but then guardian would wage war on first class rather than sympathy with the OP.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:23 am

I'm not accepting this.I haven't done a long haul flight with BA since the strikes started in earnest.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Being served your meal in First Class a tad later than is 'usual' is hardly going to cause ripples amongst the British population.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Of course you cannot accept it as you have experienced it?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:27 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Isn't another 'unseen' duty of the F galley looking after the flight deck?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Being served your meal in First Class a tad later than is 'usual' is hardly going to cause ripples amongst the British population.
To be blunt you do not know what you are taking about, customers are still paying top whack for service which BA are not providing.
bafan likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
Isn't another 'unseen' duty of the F galley looking after the flight deck?
Yes it is and they can be more demanding then customers.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Customers definitely don't want this but with all the world events going on just now, Brexit, the threat level/security situation, low pay issues and 101 other things etc I don't think service failure on BA planes including being understaffed will sell newspapers or is a high priority for them. Even though there have been negative BA stories notably the IT failure.

As long as the planes are flying and the passengers are getting from A to B with the minimum crew this will happen. What the solution is I really don't know, ACAS?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:30 am

To be blunt you do not know what you are taking about, customers are still paying top whack for service which BA are not providing.
Not all of them.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Funny enough the papers were full of it when we had our dispute, I don't know where they got so much detailed informations!
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
How appalling. You come into work when you could be on strike and instead of at least supporting you by managing customer expectations in advance (remember no duty free, cold meals and restricted bar in Traveller during previous IA), BA throw you in at the deep end! Customers may not know why service is so slow, which just generates complaints, stress and not a great working environment. All so easily avoided.

I don't know if they still have the performance dashboard or whatever it's called which rates Crew based on customer (and possibly sccm / peer) feedback but I'd hope too few crew is factored in. If people miss out on a bonus or promotion because of complaints in this kind of situation then that would just be the icing on the cake!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.