Wiki Posts
Search

BA holidays selling class

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2017, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

BA holidays selling class

Hi,
Been lurking for some time but registered for a quick query...
I've got a few flights booked via BA holidays which have sold in selling classes G and X, which I think means very few Avios and none respectively? From a quick search I think I can get that rectified to at least earn some on the X, if so should I phone in advance or after the flights and on which number?
If it makes any difference I'm a lowly Blue!

Cheers
Dave
Old Aug 12, 2017, 8:23 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pf1998
Hi,
Been lurking for some time but registered for a quick query...
I've got a few flights booked via BA holidays which have sold in selling classes G and X, which I think means very few Avios and none respectively? From a quick search I think I can get that rectified to at least earn some on the X, if so should I phone in advance or after the flights and on which number?
If it makes any difference I'm a lowly Blue!

Cheers
Dave
Hi and welcome to FT.

You can check how many avios and TPs you earn using the calculator on BA.com. I don't think BA holiday book in to X since that selling class is for rewards.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 11:47 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And I will add my welcome to you pf1998, welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA board. In addition to what I hope will be a great holiday, I hope you will also stay in touch with us here.

Indeed X is a bit of an oddity which perhaps you can give more details on. If you upgraded a sector with Avios (which still doesn't make sense) then the underlying fare - presumably G - will still be OK for TPs and Avios. If you get stuck on the calculator by all means put the specific flights and fare codes here and someone will work it out for you. Regulars will know the TPs off by heart, there is a kind of inner logic which means they are easy to memorise.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:00 am

Programs: BA GGL
I recently had a BA Holidays trip book into G and X (XHDP).

There are some previous reports on here of this happening and points for the X leg posting automatically, and others of having to phone for the points. In my case the X leg initially showed on my statement as an "Ineligible Flight" earning nothing.

I waited for both flights, and the BA Holidays bonus Avios (2 per GBP), to show on my statement and then sent PDFs of the BA Holidays e-ticket receipt and boarding pass using the form online. The flight booked into X was amended to "economy low", to earn 50% Avios (and 20TP on a shorthaul+ route).
Old Aug 13, 2017, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SleepySynapse
I recently had a BA Holidays trip book into G and X (XHDP).

There are some previous reports on here of this happening and points for the X leg posting automatically, and others of having to phone for the points. In my case the X leg initially showed on my statement as an "Ineligible Flight" earning nothing.

I waited for both flights, and the BA Holidays bonus Avios (2 per GBP), to show on my statement and then sent PDFs of the BA Holidays e-ticket receipt and boarding pass using the form online. The flight booked into X was amended to "economy low", to earn 50% Avios (and 20TP on a shorthaul+ route).
Thank you for this, I'll just wait and see what posts before contacting them then :-)
(and just to confirm, no redemptions were involved, a straight flights and car booking - outbound flights are in G earning (I assume) 25% and inbound in X earning 0%)

Thanks for the replies
Dave
Old Aug 13, 2017, 8:24 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by pf1998
outbound flights are in G earning (I assume) 25% and inbound in X earning 0%)
If it was a fully cash transaction, you should earn something for the return, not 0%. I would assume the lowest amount (25%).
Old Aug 13, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by KARFA
I don't think BA holiday book in to X since that selling class is for rewards.
I've noticed that if G0 is on the flight, they'll book into X based on a number of other conditions (which doesn't include reward flight availability) - takes a little while to ticket though when I booked one a while ago. As per the other post by @SleepySynapse I had it post at low levels (so not QOG).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.