Search

Should I use BA or AA app?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2017, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Should I use BA or AA app?

Afternoon all,

I have a trip from DUB to ORD this week, booked through BA but on AA metal.

Are there any advantages or disadvantages for which app I use to check-in and get mobile boarding pass?

I have Global Entry and KTN is already in the AA record.

thanks,
A.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 11:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You will want the AA App here, it's relatively straightforward, you don't need to login as an AA member, just provide the locator. On the return you should get TSA PreCheck via the AA App.

If you are not an American citizen, ensure you have the API data already loaded into the AA record, including address of your first night in the USA.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by awtgiven
Are there any advantages or disadvantages for which app I use to check-in and get mobile boarding pass?
Yes there is a definite advantage to using the AA app, that being that it will work and the BA one won't. You always check in with the operating airline of the first flight, not who you booked with. If you try and use either BA OLCI or the BA App it will just direct you to AA anyway.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
thank you c-w-s and airprox, very helpful and much appreciated.

AA it is.

Cheers,
A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.