Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trolley service on SH A320

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Trolley service on SH A320

I know when the M&S service was introduced domestics had a trolley service from front and back. Now we have CE is this still the case? If there is, does the rear trolley start from the back row or start from the centre?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
Flew a few CE domestics over the weekend (MAN-LHR/LHR-LBA), on both occasions the M&S trolley started at the curtain and worked back, it didn't pass through nor was anything offered from it in CE.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:18 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ben Jones
Flew a few CE domestics over the weekend (MAN-LHR/LHR-LBA), on both occasions the M&S trolley started at the curtain and worked back, it didn't pass through nor was anything offered from it in CE.
Yes, this is my experience on all the domestic flights I have done. Trolley in ET starts at the curtain and works backwards.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ben Jones
I wasn't clear. I meant that when we had a single class domestic I remember two trollies. Now there's also CE to be catered for does that mean a single trolley in economy?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:09 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It's usually one trolley for CE (or galley prepared) and one for ET, which starts at the curtain and goes to the rear. Sometimes there are two ET trolleys (e.g. the fuller ABZ services when MF aren't on strike). On 767s, lordy, there can loads of them. Or so it seems.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:33 am

It depends on the aircraft and size of Club cabin. For example, you might be on an A319 GLA-LHR which has 4 Crew as the Club cabin out of LHR was large enough to trigger a 4th crew member, but on your return flight, the Club cabin is smaller and the purser allocates that 4th Crew member to Traveller, so you would have 2 trolleys. But on the next flight, the Club cabin was smaller on both legs, so only the minimum of 3 crew were working, so you'd have 2 crew in Traveller on one trolley which would always start from the front. Generally on the A321 you'd have 2 trolleys, and the 767 also 2 (no more than that as only 2 are loaded!). Sorry I can't give a more definite answer!
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bwaflyer
It depends on the aircraft and size of Club cabin. For example, you might be on an A319 GLA-LHR which has 4 Crew as the Club cabin out of LHR was large enough to trigger a 4th crew member, but on your return flight, the Club cabin is smaller and the purser allocates that 4th Crew member to Traveller, so you would have 2 trolleys. But on the next flight, the Club cabin was smaller on both legs, so only the minimum of 3 crew were working, so you'd have 2 crew in Traveller on one trolley which would always start from the front. Generally on the A321 you'd have 2 trolleys, and the 767 also 2 (no more than that as only 2 are loaded!). Sorry I can't give a more definite answer!
That's a helpful answer thanks. The flight only has 4 rows of CE so probably won't trigger the extra crew member unless the return flight (unlikely) is busier.

I booked late and the flight it almost full so I ended up getting allocated at the back. No big deal, it just means I'll buy something before boarding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.