Has WT+ been enhanced

Old Aug 11, 17, 3:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Has WT+ been enhanced

yesterday BA006 from NRT to LHR in WT+.

welcome drink options were water or orange. I was chatting to the CC and asked is there no fizz.

CC: Sorry sir came the reply.... we have no way of keeping it cold so we don't serve it. It is only provided when you leave from LHR.

me: okay I'll have orange. But it got me thinking. I've only ever flown WT+ into LHR and have had fizz.

2 mins later I heard (because I was in row 16 on the 787) the chap coming round with the club welcome drinks. "Water, orange, or champagne"

Was it warm fizz I thought or have I just been "enhanced" with a fob off.
Old Aug 11, 17, 3:09 am

Programs: BA GGL, Asiana Diamond
That looks pretty standard to me. I've only had sparkling wine as a PDB in WT+ leaving LHR. It's only very infrequently been available to me returning to London.
Old Aug 11, 17, 3:13 am

Programs: Mucci, BA
It's a thing. As it is available in CW and F I don't understand what the restriction is, but you haven't been fobbed off by the CC.
Old Aug 11, 17, 3:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
to be honest I think Champagne should be reserved for Business and First class not WT and WT+

it's one of the perks of travelling in a premium cabin and paying a much higher ticket price.
Old Aug 11, 17, 3:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Nordic Choice Hotels Silver, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Padmeister View Post
to be honest I think Champagne should be reserved for Business and First class not WT and WT+

it's one of the perks of travelling in a premium cabin and paying a much higher ticket price.
WTP isn't exactly cheap on certain dates either!
Old Aug 11, 17, 3:17 am

Programs: BA Silver

WT+ is a premium cabin (according to BA's marketing) and does (can) have a much higher price than economy.
Old Aug 11, 17, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Paralytic View Post
WT+ is a premium cabin (according to BA's marketing) and does (can) have a much higher price than economy.

It does. Cost of flight was 1480
Old Aug 11, 17, 3:20 am

It is very carefully not described as champange in WT+
Old Aug 11, 17, 3:21 am
Original Poster

So basically I've been lucky in my return trips from HKG and PVG and NRT and SIN in the past.
Old Aug 11, 17, 3:22 am

Flying WT+ last week, received it ex-SIN but not ex-SYD.
Old Aug 11, 17, 3:25 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Champagne is not part of the WT+ product - it is water / oj or sparkling wine out of London as I understand it. CIHY has previously explained the issue is todo with the way BA load the sparkling wine (in London). The PDBs for J and F are as I understand it loaded into a non bonded trolley drawer / insert or something locally and should be loaded chilled. It's like no hot meals on mid haul Moscow flights in WT originally only on A321 because 'there isn't the galley space as it is return catered' when bmi mysteriously managed it by hold loading it and switching catering around during turnaround.

Where there's a will there's a way isn't there...but where there's no will there's no way.
Old Aug 11, 17, 3:27 am
Original Poster

WOW.... I have to kind of disagree.
it is only fizzy wine in WT+ or perhaps the worst champagne I've had.😀

perhaps no wine or orange for the back of the plane because water is all you need to rehydrate?

or BOB😛
Old Aug 11, 17, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
You weren't being fobbed off the crewmember was telling you the truth.
The sparking wine is round tripped from London and comes on chilled but the return box of sparkling wine isn't chilled an as yet BA hasn't found a way of doing this for the return.
Champagne for CW is stowed in chill-able bars or is loaded out outstations.
If BA wanted to spend some money it is an easy thing to fix but at present everything is being focused on CW.
Old Aug 11, 17, 3:28 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
I kind of agree - but there is a whole world of quality fizz that is not champagne, and costs peanuts. Indeed some airlines serve it in Y...

So perhaps everyone would be happy if WTP got a welcome glass of high quality sparkling wine / cava / prosecco and Club / First got champagne? Only whinging would come from Club when it's been worked out the fizz in WTP is better than the champagne they get served!

EDIT - ah so it is Sparkline wine, not champagne - wasn't clear at first
Old Aug 11, 17, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN View Post
Champagne is not part of the WT+ product - it is water / oj or sparkling wine out of London as I understand it. CIHY has previously explained the issue is todo with the way BA load the sparkling wine (in London). The PDBs for J and F are as I understand it loaded into a non bonded trolley drawer / insert or something locally and should be loaded chilled. It's like no hot meals on mid haul Moscow flights in WT originally only on A321 because 'there isn't the galley space as it is return catered' when bmi mysteriously managed it by hold loading it and switching catering around during turnaround.

Where there's a will there's a way isn't there...but where there's no will there's no way.
Pleased to see you have been paying attention.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: