Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has WT+ been enhanced

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2017, 3:25 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
We were served 'Sparkling Wine' in WTP+ on the way back from LAS last month.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
I too had 'sparkling wine' both ways on my BKK flights a few weeks ago. It was a nice surprise - I'm sure the last time I was in WT+ to and from MIA there wasn't any. I do like a nice welcome drink but I would probably have thought "oh, no bubbles?" for a split second if it hadn't been offered.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
Yup presumably the outsourced companies will do it, for a fee! I supppose it couldn't be as simple as having sparkling wine from LHR offloaded in JFK (say) stored in fridges in BA lounge kitchen and then brought back on chilled by ground staff. Even if sealed presumably there are customs issues with this. Obviously doesn't work in all US stations but might be a nice little objective for Station Managers to resolve locally!
I think you may be slightly underestimating the complexity of an aircraft turnaround and loading of catering items, including timing, space, labour and, most important of all, cost pressures
Old Aug 11, 2017, 3:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Data point: was served a glass of fizz in WTP out of AUS last year.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It's so hit and miss due to BA not sorting out the chilling and crew doing their best to workaround the problem.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 4:01 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by rossmacd
I think you may be slightly underestimating the complexity of an aircraft turnaround and loading of catering items, including timing, space, labour and, most important of all, cost pressures
Well it's only semi serious, but things are only as complex as you make them, and if there was a will they'd be able to find a way to do it - they can serve cold champagne in business class but can't manage sparkling wine for WTP. I think part of the issue is only one bar is duty paid and that is already full with bus and F champagne and associated stuff so they'd need to pay duty on another bar and there's also the logistical issue of where you put it. But they can load top up catering, fuel, newspapers, and God knows what else downroute when they want to. As you say, it'll come down to cost. But take a 52J 744 compared to a 90 or whatever it is - is more PDB champagne loaded for the super hi J? If so, they manage to find the space for extra champagne so what would a WT+ cabin need? Say 3 bottles of sparkling wine and you could probably get away with 2.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:37 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by Paralytic
WT+ is a premium cabin (according to BA's marketing) and does (can) have a much higher price than economy.
Perhaps in Marketing, but operationally, Premium Cabins are F and J.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:50 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by A P Yu
Perhaps in Marketing, but operationally, Premium Cabins are F and J.
APD would also suggest anything other than Economy is premium.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Can I help you
It's so hit and miss due to BA not sorting out the chilling and crew doing their best to workaround the problem.
Why is it different than Club Champagne cooling?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Champagne is loaded in bar trollies that have a chilling draw and the sparkling wine is just loaded in a non chillable box.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:12 am
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
Originally Posted by Padmeister
you are missing my point. Champagne should be given IMO to a business class or First cabin as it is a perk of flying in the much higher cabins; I mean on this basis why not get a duvet and pillows and whatever else and also give that in WT+?

yes WT+ is more premium than economy but it is just economy plus! as you start adding more perks to a lower class cabin you are narrowing the gap between this and a higher class cabin.
Chuckle at the attitude of which class of passengers are good enough to receive champagne and which should be corrected and told they are it's merely a sparkling wine they are being served... Get the fainting couch out because some serve it in the *gasp* darkest reaches of economy....

"As long as we remember champagne has always been part of the Economy class offer,” shares Ghislaine Van Branteghem, Air France’s catering product manager for long-haul operations. “Champagne is also part of Air France’s DNA: ‘France is in the air.’ We are proud to offer passengers the French experience of Champagne.”
710 77345 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by snuffi
APD would also suggest anything other than Economy is premium.
That's the Chancellors definition not BAs. He also thinks Thomas Cook Premium is a premium cabin lol
Old Aug 11, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Champagne/Prosecco/Cava you can get good and bad in any of these versions of fizz.
I am a philistine when it comes to wine or fizz - if it tastes nice I'll drink it.
I do appreciate an alcoholic drink on boarding in WTP (CW & F also), but I wouldn't want warm fizz.
My next WTP flight is ex JFK but as it leaves at 07:55hrs I think I'll stick to OJ
Old Aug 11, 2017, 8:46 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by sxc
I had sparkling offered departing HKG easter 2016. Not sure if things have changed since then.
i was offered sparkling wine or water (in WT+) on last night's BA32
Old Aug 11, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by amt
Chuckle at the attitude of which class of passengers are good enough to receive champagne and which should be corrected and told they are it's merely a sparkling wine they are being served... Get the fainting couch out because some serve it in the *gasp* darkest reaches of economy....

"As long as we remember champagne has always been part of the Economy class offer,” shares Ghislaine Van Branteghem, Air France’s catering product manager for long-haul operations. “Champagne is also part of Air France’s DNA: ‘France is in the air.’ We are proud to offer passengers the French experience of Champagne.”
My opinion has nothing to do with the class of the passenger and if they are good enough or not to receive Champagne . I am simply saying if I am sitting in WTP I don't expect Champagne; but I do in Business and First! When you do pay more to sit in Business and enjoy all the extras that it comes with e.g flat bed, better food, more room to relax and stretch out etc one of them extras is Champagne

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.