Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA 2-for-1 plus additional flights on same ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum Elite

Hello,

Does anyone know if by calling BA I can book my 2-for-1 redemption plus adding additional legs with LATAM to the same ticket?

Looking at booking LHR to SCL (redemption) then onto LPB (cash).

Thanks
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:21 am

Nope, afraid not.

2 for 1 must be completely Avios and on BA.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Anyway to merge them afterwards as another option?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
No. Just not possible.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: BA Bronze
You can add SCL - LPB on if you pay with Avios (i.e. find a redemption), but it will need to be the full price for that sector - the 2-4-1 won't apply to non-ba flights.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
I think its very poor these days that BA often decline to sell tickets on partner airlines in conjunction with a BA sector, and seemingly never sell a revenue ticket alongside a redemption one on the same booking. With the current ban on through checking bags and flight protection between separate tickets it greatly reduces the value of BA's offerings.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:23 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by camdentown
I think its very poor these days that BA often decline to sell tickets on partner airlines in conjunction with a BA sector, and seemingly never sell a revenue ticket alongside a redemption one on the same booking. With the current ban on through checking bags and flight protection between separate tickets it greatly reduces the value of BA's offerings.
I don't believe any airline combined reward and revenue flights on one ticket?

It is very possible to combine BA and other oneworld/partner flights on one ticket whether that be a revenue or reward flight. The only issue here is with a 2-4-1 voucher which is a specific BA/Amex promotion which causes the issue of adding other non BA flights.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA VS
When talking 2-4-1, are you referring to the BA AmEx card voucher - or another deal? Thanks.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:26 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Paxing
When talking 2-4-1, are you referring to the BA AmEx card voucher - or another deal? Thanks.
Hi welcome to FT.

Yes the terms 2-4-1, companion voucher, and Amex voucher are used interchangeably. It's the same thing. Lots of information on these vouchers in the guide here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...iscussion.html
Old Aug 11, 2017, 3:44 am

I think the point here is not that people want the 241 benefits (i.e. paying 1/2 avios) on the extra flights, it's getting them on the same booking for irrops protection / through checking of bags.

I often find myself having to tag on a (cash) short haul domestic to a US redemption, either because BA don't fly where I want to go, or there's no Avios availability.

It's incredibly frustrating that I can't get the additional flight onto the same ticket, and recently resulted in me spending 7 hours in PHX, because had I chosen the flight with a shorter connection time, I may have been in trouble if the LAX>PHX flight was delayed (we also had a lot of luggage with us on that trip, so the interlining of bags would have been a big help, and not having to collect and recheck would have meant the shorter connection time was a safer bet).

The more inconvenient they make it to redeem your miles, the lower the value of those miles, and I can see me giving up on the BAPP / 241 fairly soon!
Old Sep 4, 2017, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by charlie1105
I think the point here is not that people want the 241 benefits (i.e. paying 1/2 avios) on the extra flights, it's getting them on the same booking for irrops protection / through checking of bags.

I often find myself having to tag on a (cash) short haul domestic to a US redemption, either because BA don't fly where I want to go, or there's no Avios availability.

It's incredibly frustrating that I can't get the additional flight onto the same ticket, and recently resulted in me spending 7 hours in PHX, because had I chosen the flight with a shorter connection time, I may have been in trouble if the LAX>PHX flight was delayed (we also had a lot of luggage with us on that trip, so the interlining of bags would have been a big help, and not having to collect and recheck would have meant the shorter connection time was a safer bet).

The more inconvenient they make it to redeem your miles, the lower the value of those miles, and I can see me giving up on the BAPP / 241 fairly soon!
That is my point exactly - thanks for corroborating . If there was still the interlining of baggage and protection in IRROPS that there used to be it would be fine, but that's been withdrawn, the restrictive ticketing practises smack of profiteering to my mind.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA

It is very possible to combine BA and other oneworld/partner flights on one ticket whether that be a revenue or reward flight. The only issue here is with a 2-4-1 voucher which is a specific BA/Amex promotion which causes the issue of adding other non BA flights.
I don't think its 2-4-1 specific. I've seen it several times now where BA won't sell all published fares by a partner airline on a ticket with their own flights.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by KARFA
American can do this if you call.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by camdentown
That is my point exactly - thanks for corroborating . If there was still the interlining of baggage and protection in IRROPS that there used to be it would be fine, but that's been withdrawn, the restrictive ticketing practises smack of profiteering to my mind.
nope.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by MikeBOS
American can do this if you call.
??! The only way they could do that is by effectively cancelling one booking and adding flights to the other as tickets cannot be 'merged' or 'combined'. I've never heard of any airline doing that before so if aa do that would be unique enough that people might want to stick with them only for that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.