FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   CE Euro Flts Row 1--Golds (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1860085-ce-euro-flts-row-1-golds.html)

VSLover Aug 10, 2017 6:38 am

CE Euro Flts Row 1--Golds

sorry if this was covered somewhere but i made a holiday wknd booking for my partner (silver) and me (GGL) and no longer was i able to select row 1 of CE.

i called and they said no longer may spouses or partners be allowed to be booked into row 1 of CE even though a GGL is paying/booking.

if this is not new and i guess i somehow managed this previously due to a glitch (more than half a dozen times), fine. if this is an 'enhancement' then this is such a petty horrid way for BA to further degrade GGL/Gold.

Raffles Aug 10, 2017 6:43 am

Hmmm. Could explain why my newly Gold wife was last week unable to improve her and our daughters seating from her previous seat allocation as Silver for a flight in September.

This would be a pain for me, although at the same time I am guilty of taking all 4 Row 1 seats for me and my family virtually every time we fly.

VSLover Aug 10, 2017 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Raffles (Post 28671781)
Hmmm. Could explain why my newly Gold wife was last week unable to improve her and our daughters seating from her previous seat allocation as Silver for a flight in September.

This would be a pain for me, although at the same time I am guilty of taking all 4 Row 1 seats for me and my family virtually every time we fly.

i dont see why its a problem if you beat me to the same flight, its the entitlement to ensure your partner and/or family are near you, comfortable and can benefit in a minor way for all the business and flying you do!

so by doing this--lets say for me as a GGL--my options are to either sit in another row with my partner (i am 6'2" so count on row 1) or sit apart. ok fine we sit apart a lot, but if its a rare special holiday (like the one i just booked) it would be nice but seriously, its hard to see how this would make golds/ggl who travel A LOT that happy in long term.

sure, you can still get a single seat in row 1....but when it comes time to cash in on all that business you give BA for your friends or family, nope!

JustTheOne Aug 10, 2017 6:51 am

I've been able to put Mr JtO (Silver) beside me in row 1 on two bookings made this week - one where we are both on the same PNR, and the other where we have different return flights (so two PNRs). Obviously I needed to ring up to TCP the flight where we had separate booking numbers and request the seating change, but he'd turned up beside me on the seat map in less than 24 hours.

So unless this is specific to it being a BA Holidays booking, I think/hope you just got bad advice - I'd try ringing and asking again if I were you!

VSLover Aug 10, 2017 6:54 am

well it was just frustrating i had to bother calling.

seats sorted now after "the request was processed" but was advised i'd have to call each time now. so we shall see later on next booking.

forgot to add, the ba.com page wanted to charge us 22GBP to select a seat too! LOLOLOL.

PJSMITH0 Aug 10, 2017 7:03 am

I booked three CE flights through my wife's account silver money plus avoid discount and rows 1-2 were blocked. After completing the booking I logged on and I was then able to select 1C D & F.

JustTheOne Aug 10, 2017 7:04 am

Originally Posted by VSLover (Post 28671825)
forgot to add, the ba.com page wanted to charge us 22GBP to select a seat too! LOLOLOL.

Now that you mention it, for the second booking when we're returning on different dates, I booked and paid for Mr JtO's flights, and was also quoted £22 to select his seat on his return flight! Needless to say, I ignored this and then just logged into his account afterwards and made the selection for free.

So that's either a stupid glitch or a very stupid attempt at an enhancement...

bjorns Aug 10, 2017 7:53 am

Originally Posted by VSLover (Post 28671825)
well it was just frustrating i had to bother calling.

seats sorted now after "the request was processed" but was advised i'd have to call each time now. so we shall see later on next booking.

You can as GGL give her a Gold card, which would sort it out once and for all.

AC*SE Aug 10, 2017 8:39 am

I used to have the same issue trying to get 1A/1K for me and my other half. (Until I realized that we are much better off in 4A/5A, anyway.

I remember on particularly bizarre circumstance in which the only seats left in F were 1A and 1K. I could be assigned into 1A, but he was left without a seat assignment because they would not put him in 1K, even though the flight was F0 after we booked, and 1K was the only seat left.

ratypus Aug 10, 2017 8:42 am

I don't follow any of this - I'm Gold and wife is only Blue, but I can get Row 1 on all our current CE bookings no problem...

Doccykins Aug 10, 2017 9:01 am

I've managed to get 1A/C on a CE booking with a Blue cardholder on the same PNR as recently as early June but when trying to seat myself and a Blue colleague in exit row seats on Iberia for a flight in October I was told 'It doesn't work that way' (from the IB call centre agent) - BA may be learning more tricks from their Spanish cousins

Tobias-UK Aug 10, 2017 9:06 am

Originally Posted by PJSMITH0 (Post 28671862)
I booked three CE flights through my wife's account silver money plus avoid discount and rows 1-2 were blocked. After completing the booking I logged on and I was then able to select 1C D & F.

Same here. It's been like this (on and off) for a while. It's likely a gremlin rather than a change on policy.

frenzie01 Aug 10, 2017 10:25 am

Having no status (every single one of my flights have been booked with avios) ai used to be able to select row one T-24 before departure.

This is no longer the case, but they are usually able to put me into row 1 as they empty surprisingly often these days.

I was on a flight to Santorini with 12 rows in CE. 1ACDF all empty, all other seats full.

strichener Aug 10, 2017 10:32 am

My last CE booking (for a flight last week) for wife (bonze) and I (gold) on two PNRs - Called to link bookings and was told that under no circumstances could my wife be seated in Row 1 until check-in. Sat in row 2 instead. Boarded the flight and row 1 was completely empty.

bhbloke Aug 10, 2017 10:40 am

Just upgraded a one way positioning flight from LHR-AMS for me and Mrs bhb with a POUG special offer.

Auto-assigned us 1A and 1C even though she's a blue.