Wiki Posts
Search

British Airways - No Global Entry?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2017, 4:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
Interesting, I thought EU261 only affected where it came from and not where it was going to:?
Coming in to Europe it is only for European airlines. A flight in to Europe on a non European airline is not covered. Hence AA US->UK is not covered.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 4:51 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
TSA PRE isn't in operation at Logan Terminal E anyway. Not enough people used it. (Virgin Atlantic are a participant at other US Airports)

Boston immigration is hellish so GE there is a godsend.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Thank you all! This is so helpful! And yes my daughter has GE also. I've been a good travel mom - she never checks bags, got GE when it first came out several years ago (when we still had to explain to booking agents what it was), and my proudest mom moment - will never ever leave a Red Sox game early.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by Cat Man Do
Does your daughter have GE? If I recall correctly, even babies need it to use the GE line.
Not exactly true. If you have a child without GE with you, you can use GE personally and report to the agent closest to the kiosks for primary for the kid.

Originally Posted by Sealink
TSA PRE isn't in operation at Logan Terminal E anyway. Not enough people used it. (Virgin Atlantic are a participant at other US Airports)

Boston immigration is hellish so GE there is a godsend.
If the airline has Pre, they should offer expedite at Terminal E. I know LAX TBIT has moved to this model.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: AA EXP Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by N1120A
Not exactly true. If you have a child without GE with you, you can use GE personally and report to the agent closest to the kiosks for primary for the kid.

If the airline has Pre, they should offer expedite at Terminal E. I know LAX TBIT has moved to this model.
They do offer Expedited security at BOA Terminal E. I use it when I travel on EK.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by pbuntrock
They do offer Expedited security at BOA Terminal E. I use it when I travel on EK.
There is a channel for F & J passengers but is there one for TSA pre-check at E? I must admit I don't remember seeing one when I was there back in April.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:13 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by KARFA
There is a channel for F & J passengers but is there one for TSA pre-check at E? I must admit I don't remember seeing one when I was there back in April.
No, there isn't PreCheck at BOS terminal E, however as is the case in many smaller airports/terminals, if you had PreCheck on the booking (so not for any BA flights) then you should be given a special large card by the agent checking the ID, which allows you to keep your shoes on, and they may allow you to jump to the front.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
No, there isn't PreCheck at BOS terminal E, however as is the case in many smaller airports/terminals, if you had PreCheck on the booking (so not for any BA flights) then you should be given a special large card by the agent checking the ID, which allows you to keep your shoes on, and they may allow you to jump to the front.
Ah ok. Yes I have experienced the large card at other airports where there isn't a dedicated PreCheck lane.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I will definitely miss not have PreCheck on both ends. We'll have to be sure to get to both airports in plenty of time.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Elite, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
I find with the USA flights, I deliberately make AA my Transatlantic carrier on the return to allow me to get TSA-PRE on the return It is worth it for the slightly lower avios and the less drama at the airport
Book a cheapo refundable fare on WN or something like that, and enter your KTN and get your boarding pass, just to get airside with TSA pre. Then cancel your refundable ticket, and board your BA flight. I've done that before to avoid the TSA nonsense.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
On arrival at LHR from US, GE is of no use - is that correct?
Is there a special line for F passengers at LHR immigration?
TIA
Old Sep 15, 2017, 11:16 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Paulchili
On arrival at LHR from US, GE is of no use - is that correct?
Is there a special line for F passengers at LHR immigration?
TIA
There is a Fast Track queue for premium passengers at T5, but will be much slower than Global Entry. The queue can be short or long dependent on time of day and the number of staff produced by the UK Border Agency.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 11:17 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by PeaSouper
Book a cheapo refundable fare on WN or something like that, and enter your KTN and get your boarding pass, just to get airside with TSA pre. Then cancel your refundable ticket, and board your BA flight. I've done that before to avoid the TSA nonsense.
Just what I am doing in Orlando in October! $44 well spent on the Southwest ticket in my view!
Old Sep 15, 2017, 11:19 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by Markie
There is a Fast Track queue for premium passengers at T5, but will be much slower than Global Entry. The queue can be short or long dependent on time of day and the number of staff produced by the UK Border Agency.
Thank you.
We arrive on UA - T3. Do they have a GE kiosk there? I guess I should ask on UA forum.
TIA
Old Sep 15, 2017, 11:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by Paulchili
Thank you.
We arrive on UA - T3. Do they have a GE kiosk there? I guess I should ask on UA forum.
TIA
There is no GE at LHR - GE is for US immigratation so not relevant for UK immigration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.