Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Using Avios to book American Airlines flight in US

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Avios to book American Airlines flight in US

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2018, 5:38 am

Programs: BA GfL
Feeling slightly ashamed to say this but I booked an AA ticket online using Avios a week ago, no problem. I’ve been able to do it all year (and I have booked a LOT of tickets this year) with no issues, just having to call one time when I had an AS segment as part of the trip.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 9:24 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by Tafflyer

Was this on the US number? Try using Skype to call the toll-free UK number for free. Took me 10 minutes to get through to an agent.
I can't find a toll free UK avios number. What is it?
Old Jun 23, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by travelmad478
Feeling slightly ashamed to say this but I booked an AA ticket online using Avios a week ago, no problem. I’ve been able to do it all year (and I have booked a LOT of tickets this year) with no issues, just having to call one time when I had an AS segment as part of the trip.
what browers are you using or your secret? I cant find aa on ba.com or avios.com
Old Jun 23, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Firefox is my browser on the PC, Safari on the iPad. They both seem to work fine for me.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 11:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ricohitman
I can't find a toll free UK avios number. What is it?
Might be too late for you, but I'll add it for anyone else who comes looking: it is not truly toll-free, but this number from the BA website costs 2 cents a minute to call on Skype: +44 191 4907901

I spent 45 minutes on hold on the regular US line before finding threads here suggesting Skype. Hung up, Skyped that number, and had my Aer Lingus itni booked and was off the phone in 9 minutes and 40 seconds. I was talking to an agent in under 1 minute.

Saturday evening UK time.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by marc_vila
i have booked a flight on AA US to Caribbean using avíos. I’m EXP, I am eligible to get a complimentary upgrade? Or I won’t qualify because the ticket is issued by BA?
thanks!
Is there an answer to this? I'm looking to redeem BA Avios for a domestic AA coach ticket and wondering whether I'm eligible for upgrades.

Thanks
Old Aug 4, 2018, 4:12 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Ross0
Is there an answer to this? I'm looking to redeem BA Avios for a domestic AA coach ticket and wondering whether I'm eligible for upgrades.

Thanks
This question is probably better asked in the AA forum because it will depend on the rules governing the AA frequent flyer program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.