Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Free same day changes - Club Europe now too?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free same day changes - Club Europe now too?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Speedbird218
Meh !!! The customer service agent did not know about it when I called the bronze line on Sunday.
Well the change conditions tend not to be retrospective, so if you didn't have that SDC wording on your original booking - I can see it's there for relevant bookings now - then it won't get you a free pass now. It's not for all destinations, it will come as zero surprise to the regulars that the full benefit of this doesn't apply to LHR-MAD for example. [They get SDC on returns on BA metal, but there aren't affordable I bucket single fares for sale, at least at the moment].

Essentially it looks like BA were very pleased by how I bucket singles worked on Domestics and have now extended it across much - but not all - of the Club Europe network.
Calchas likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: BAEC, A3 M&B
Another data point: LHR-ABZ-LHR in CE (I bucket) booked recently has same day change ^
Old Sep 18, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, LTG
Another Datapoint: travelling home from Paris today on a club Europe flight booked a few days ago at a reasonably cheap price. Called the gold guestlist helpline and asked for a same-day change and she immediately actioned that with no questions of any sort. Interestingly, a short while beforehand I tried to make the same change on the BA app and it was quoting me a change fee of £130 to do it. It’s such an easy functionality to code into the app one would have thought: would make life a lot easier all round if they would do that!
Old Sep 18, 2019, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by Speedbird218
Meh !!! The customer service agent did not know about it when I called the bronze line on Sunday.

Flying CE out of of DUB, was looking to move to a later flight due to have to visit A&E for a minor injury. Got told would have to get letter from doctor etc to allow free change

Was this actually a later flight the same day or a later date that you were asking for though??
Old Sep 18, 2019, 4:54 pm

I’m 99% sure Club Europe tickets had free change on the day since it started on Euro Traveller it just wasnt publicised as much. Just the same as Euro Traveller it only works on oneway or return journeys and must be same airport pair. Open jaws or connecting flights arent valid.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 10:25 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by brentford77
Interestingly, a short while beforehand I tried to make the same change on the BA app and it was quoting me a change fee of £130 to do it. It’s such an easy functionality to code into the app one would have thought: would make life a lot easier all round if they would do that!
This is covered in the main SDC thread, but while this screen showing a potential charge does come up, the screen before that effectively says "you can change for free" and the third screen in the sequence, the last one before cancellation, which makes it clear that it is a free change. The middle screen confusingly but inaccurately suggests there is a change fee.

There are two other factors: if you altered the ticket previously then the "key worrds" - the data entities that tells BA.com and the App to allow SDC - can drop out of the booking which in turn stops SDC from being offered; also some corporate fares do offer SDC but the App or BA.com can't process them properly. These are the fares with something like "/abc123" after the fare basis to indicate the corporate or trade deal. Both of these means you have to either call or get it done at the airport, and quite often the online process won't complete anyway. But these are increasingly rare exceptions, mostly it should work online.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 2:11 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
Is SDC available on Avios bookings in CE too?
Old Sep 19, 2019, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by ScruttonStreet
Avios bookings are non changeable at T-24 hours
Old Sep 19, 2019, 2:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ScruttonStreet
there is no SDC. There is an ability to change at Lhr and LGW to a flight on the same route on the same day but this is only where the flight you want to change to has avios availability and is at a cost of £60.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by caz312
Avios bookings are non changeable at T-24 hours
Was doing a AMS -LCY positioning redemption flight n May. Hadn't checked in yet, but asked at the gate if they could put me on the earlier flight and they did.

Never hurts to ask at the gate if you are HBO as gate agents for a number of airlines have done this for me over the years FoC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.