Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should BA have a dress code?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Fluzz
Of course not, that would be a horrible step backwards.

However... a dress code might have stopped the individual I saw at LCY yesterday evening with a T-shirt proclaiming, "B**ches be tripping... unless I pushed her". Given the front pages of that poor lady being shoved in front of a bus it was in particularly poor taste!
Yes the dress code must definitely include a requirement for motifs to be grammatically correct

Last edited by South London Bon Viveur; Aug 9, 2017 at 2:52 pm
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by missdimeaner
I am actually considering wearing a pair of oversized painters dungarees (as long as I can get them in black).
These may well be the ultimate in travel attire as they will have no waistband and plenty of pockets paired with a stripy top I can be mistaken for a mime so will have to be quiet in the lounge (no FaceTime conference calls for me . )
I actually flew in dungarees the other day (as a themed dress-up on EW). I can confirm it's a delightfully comfortable experience. ^
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Life Miles, Miles and more
Us folk down the back will draw the line at being told what we can wear by people who think it's perfectly acceptable to wander round in a public place in Pyjamas.

If you find it all a bit uncouth, you're more than welcome to come and join us, we're doing our best to maintain standards against such sartorial crimes
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Originally Posted by arnie.
I actually flew in dungarees the other day (as a themed dress-up on EW). I can confirm it's a delightfully comfortable experience. ^
Themed dress-ups on BA flights would put a whole new slant on the DYKWIA thread.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
What about having a "Who Dunnit" murder mystery while on board with free upgrades to the best dressed participant... sorry... passenger
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Southlondonbonviveur
Yes the dress code must definitely include requirement for motifs to be grammatically correct
Clearly the t-shirt author was a fan of the underused English subjunctive.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: BAEC
Yes, absolutely. Now that BA is a LCC in short-haul economy I expect to see people in garish shorts and vile shirts, Elton John style star shaped sunglasses and carrying a pink inflatable flamingo. (Well, that's how I travel on U2 when I go on a boys drinking weekend).
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Star Alliance Gold (status match)
My company has a business class policy for long haul for all employees, and no dress code to speak of - most people wear shorts, t-shirts and trainers in the office during good weather, and wearing a shirt may entail suspicions that you are going for an interview that day Reading some of the suggestions in this thread, it seems one may have to bring a change of clothes if travelling directly from the office on BA
Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by missdimeaner
I am actually considering wearing a pair of oversized painters dungarees (as long as I can get them in black).
These may well be the ultimate in travel attire as they will have no waistband and plenty of pockets paired with a stripy top I can be mistaken for a mime so will have to be quiet in the lounge (no FaceTime conference calls for me . )
I'm loving your thinking!
Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by T8191
I would not wear one of my [genuine, HNL] Hawaiian shirts anywhere in Hawaii, as it would make me look like a tourist

b

Mind you, there's touristy Hawaiian shirts and Hawaiian Hawaiian shirts ( two tone , more subtle)
Ps Did you buy any Hawaiian CrazyT shirts Uncle T or your iWife? Perfect long lasting quality if I may say!!!

Travelling to Austria, Switzerland, Germany : lederhosen is a must.

For Netherlands obviously heavy wooden clogs.

For Belgium? ... Anything goes, as long as it is accompanied by a bowl of chips and mayonnaise or tartare sauce or pickles
Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:17 pm
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by AmaaiZeg
For Belgium? ... Anything goes, as long as it is accompanied by a bowl of chips and mayonnaise or tartare sauce or pickles
Frieten yes. Mayonnaise no. I'm not going THAT native.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:31 pm

[QUOTE=V10;28669088]Frieten yes. Mayonnaise no. I'm not going THAT native. [/QUO
No Mayonnaise? Schandaal! If I can adjust to having ketchup with lots of things in the UK, you should try 'friet mee mayonaise'
Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:58 pm
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by AmaaiZeg
Originally Posted by V10
Frieten yes. Mayonnaise no. I'm not going THAT native.
No Mayonnaise? Schandaal! If I can adjust to having ketchup with lots of things in the UK, you should try 'friet mee mayonaise'
Dat heb ik gedaan. Ik vond het niet zo leuk.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
No to the OP.

No to this rehashed discussion that seems resurface periodically.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by muscat
Saudia have just announced a dress code. Shouldn't BA raise standards by doing the same?
Quote: Details of the dress code featured on Saudia Airlines website show that the airline requires guests to dress in a way that does not 'cause offense or discomfort to other passengers'. eg no shorts for men, no tight clothes for women....
Dress code for employee/non rev pax - yes

Dress code for paying pax - no

Personally I'm a big supporter of tight clothes for women And for equality I see no problem with shorts for men.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.