Should BA have a dress code?

Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: BAEC
I remember seeing someone in the GVA lounge with a t-shirt that had "Pervert 69" on it. Classy stuff. It didn't offend me - I just took a sneaky picture and sent it to my friends to laugh at (not with) him.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
If something is offending, then this question! No obliviously.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:23 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Presumably, if there is a Dress Code introduced, PUCCI GALORE would be in charge of it, and would wander around the Lounges armed with her hair-brush collection to keep the high standards?

M
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Why should you put your best clothes on BAs grubby seats / footrests / tables
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Why should you put your best clothes on BAs grubby seats / footrests / tables
Not a problem. One's Butler surely addresses such issues?

Anyway, glad to note a few here know about "brown shoes in Country, black shoes in Town".

PS: Also nice to see a traditional BAEC Thread

Last edited by T8191; Aug 8, 2017 at 11:57 am Reason: Shoes ;)
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by V10
Some people will take offence at anything, but that's their problem, not mine.
I think this attitude sums up what has gone wrong with society over the last few years. People no longer take others into account when they do exactly what they want regardless of the feelings or effect on others. People have become so self centred and insensitive to others.

In another thread the infuriating use of mobile phones is being addressed and this too is caused by selfish individuals deciding that all that matters is them. They frequently know they should not be using their phone but do so anyway as they consider themselves much more important than anyone else.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum for Life.. BA Gold , oh and some other shiny bits of plastic ...
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
And what next? No alcohol on BA flights?
to be fair on some short haul flights isnt this the case ? ( when stocks run out on the outbound and none is loaded for the return ,for example )
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by arnie.
Short answer; Absolutely not.
Short answer absolutely yes!
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
A few years ago MrD and I had the pleasure of having dinner at the Friars Club, they have a dress code for the restaurant. MrD and our host were suitably attired, the two gentlemen who weren't wearing jackets were given loaners, huge jackets that had probably been there since biblical times - they looked better without them.
BA is not a private members club, air travel should be comfortable - no dress code should be required (however nice the dress may be !
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by muscat
Saudia have just announced a dress code. Shouldn't BA raise standards by doing the same?
Quote: Details of the dress code featured on Saudia Airlines website show that the airline requires guests to dress in a way that does not 'cause offense or discomfort to other passengers'. eg no shorts for men, no tight clothes for women....
Raise standards....by following Suadi's lead. Wow do not even know where to start with that. Can only think you are having a laugh the idea is so ridiculous.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dress Code by Destination might be the answer. Sombrero to Mexico/Spain, Hawaiian shirts and thongs to that place, Suits to NYC or DC, Safari gear to Africa?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:38 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by T8191
Dress Code by Destination might be the answer. Sombrero to Mexico/Spain, Hawaiian shirts and thongs to that place, Suits to NYC or DC, Safari gear to Africa?
if your destination is a nude beach in the South Pacific, what should one wear?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Class, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by T8191
Anyway, glad to note a few here know about "brown shoes in Country, black shoes in Town" PS: Also nice to see a traditional BAEC Thread
More honoured in the breach than the observance I'm afraid T8191. Brown suede loafers have frequently been known to alight at Waterloo, but then I daren't stare at the footwear when passing the RAF Club
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nrr
if your destination is a nude beach in the South Pacific, what should one wear?
Ah, I see a flaw in my plan

Originally Posted by krispy84
More honoured in the breach than the observance I'm afraid T8191. Brown suede loafers have frequently been known to alight at Waterloo, but then I daren't stare at the footwear when passing the RAF Club
I had a [civilian] DD at NATS who wore brown suede shoes with his blue suit. When he started commenting on my 'exuberant' shirt/tie combination, I just had to respond

As to the RAF Club, I resigned many, many years ago.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
Yes - passengers should dress for the body they have, not the body they want.
wijibintheair likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.