Search

Original Routing Credit - exclusions?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:45 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by opalfruit
Why should it matter?
I'm not saying that it should matter. I was trying to determine whether Gshumway's experience covered a similar situation to you or not.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by KARFA
What happened on the day for you? All on one ticket btw?

I assume you took LAS-LAX as planned (and that has already credited anyway?).

When you got to LAX did the LAX-SEA flight get cancelled and then you were rebooked by AA on to the AS flight?
All one ticket. All other legs flown and credited normally.

My wife and I were paged in the LAX Flagship lounge whilst waiting for the LAX-SEA flight where the lounge agent explained that the flight had gone tech and there would be a lengthy delay and that as "Oneworld Elites" (her words, we're both GGL) she could get us on an earlier flight as they like to "look after BA Elites" (I thought this was great CS at the time and has been the first useful AA CK/BA GGL treatment I've seen).

Given that the booked flight was showing a 5hr delay at that time, and an arrival time of around 03:50am we graciously accepted her offer. That we took AS over VX or DL options (which were all offered to us) was only because the AS option didn't mean re-clearing security and the others did.

I've claimed ORC quite a few times before, including when put on non OW carriers so thought nothing at all of it at the time.

golfmad - sorry, not trying to be combative, just restating a point.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 2:12 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Is the GGL agent's issue that it was on a 001 ticket or that it was on AA, i.e. had you been on AA on a 125 ticket would the agent still be refusing it?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 2:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I can understand why; this is an AA ticket with no BA sectors in it at all and is one where BA has no visibility of the ticket or what has happened with changes

As such, I would not expect BA to agree to credit based on what the passenger says that they were orginally booked on, but only by what they ended up booked on
Old Aug 8, 2017, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by KARFA
Is the GGL agent's issue that it was on a 001 ticket or that it was on AA, i.e. had you been on AA on a 125 ticket would the agent still be refusing it?
Your guess is as good as mine.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 2:59 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by opalfruit
Your guess is as good as mine.
Well it would be interesting if you ask and let us know.

I suspect BA may be tightening down for ORC on non BA tickets - this is exactly the point I made on the first few posts of the ORC guide but others told me I was wrong and ORC was readily paid on 001 tickets containing only AA flights. Yet since then I have also spoken to quite a few people who have had ORC rejected for exactly those types of bookings.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
In all my experiences BA went to AA to request a confirmation before applying ORC. So in each case it took 2-3 weeks to actually get the TPs.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:38 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Hmmm, that's certainly frustrating. I guess I would wait a few days and fill out the web form and maybe someone else will process the claim. If that doesn't work then I would probably write a different letter and remind them that when you book a ticket and travel that you expect to earn the tier points as expected, even in the case of IRROPS, because you choose to book on OW partners as a way to retain your status and when things are not predictable, that makes it less likely for you to book extra travel with BA.

I'm also wondering if BA has gone through with their plans to outsource the GGL team and if this is sadly the new normal?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
For one leg, you'd think BA would just credit the points as a gesture of goodwill.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:30 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I can understand why; this is an AA ticket with no BA sectors in it at all and is one where BA has no visibility of the ticket or what has happened with changes

As such, I would not expect BA to agree to credit based on what the passenger says that they were orginally booked on, but only by what they ended up booked on
Not the point. The OP is not asking BA to take a decision to credit, he's asking them to forward it to AA for consideration, in the normal way. BA is refusing to do this. Unless there is a confirmed change in policy from AA (since they have certainly agreed such ORC in the past), it's wrong, and not really understandable, since there would be no cost to BA if AA decides to credit (beyond the cost of forwarding the case).
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by Oaxaca
Not the point. The OP is not asking BA to take a decision to credit, he's asking them to forward it to AA for consideration, in the normal way. BA is refusing to do this. Unless there is a confirmed change in policy from AA (since they have certainly agreed such ORC in the past), it's wrong, and not really understandable, since there would be no cost to BA if AA decides to credit (beyond the cost of forwarding the case).
AA will provide credit to its own programme. That is not the same as agreeing to credit to another scheme.

I cannot see anything in the BA EC T&Cs that provides for credit when rebooked onto ineligible carriers by another carrier
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Bit I am unclear on whose ticket stock is this issued? If it is AA, is the call to BA due to the credit going to BA?

For ORC actual final routing or airline flown is irrelevant. I have had SAA flights credited as if the original Comair-operated flight were taken, when SAA is an arch competitor and definitely not OW.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:43 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by FrancisA
Bit I am unclear on whose ticket stock is this issued? If it is AA, is the call to BA due to the credit going to BA?
The OP has stated the ticket is on 001 stock. The request has to go via BAEC if that is the scheme you wish to credit. The normal procedure, if the booked flights were with a partner airline, is for BAEC to ask the partner airline if they will credit for original routing. In this case, BAEC seems to be refusing to make the request to AA.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by Oaxaca
The OP has stated the ticket is on 001 stock. The request has to go via BAEC if that is the scheme to which you wish to credit. The normal procedure, if the booked flights were with a partner airline, is for BAEC to ask the partner airline if they will credit for original routing. In this case, BAEC seems to be refusing to make the request to AA.
From the posts to date - it seems that it
was an AA ticket (001-) for travel on AA
the AA flight has issues and the passengers were rebooked on AS

The passenger wanted to collect points to BA
The rebooked AS flight is an ineligibe flight and BA is stating as such and refusing to credit
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
The passenger wanted to collect points to BA
The rebooked AS flight is an ineligibe flight and BA is stating as such and refusing to credit
Quite. Despite having done so personally two or three times before (when involving non OW carriers, one of these also on 001 stock) and tens of other times involving AA reroutes. That and the multitude of other reports of claiming ORC in similar situations on FT...

If BA don't have an official line here then people are going to keep bumping into this nebulous will they/won't they gamble. In my case it'll only cost me 40 TPs and a handful of Avios, but on a more complex reroute it could completely derail your status qualification - and all not at your own fault.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.