Wiki Posts
Search

LGW - Ba lounge & surrounded by PITA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2017, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
LGW - Ba lounge & surrounded by PITA

Already moved to a quieter zone following the most anoying kid ever. Talking loudly and pointing at the planes.. "look at that plane dad" closely followed by "look at that plane dad" , "look at those planes dad" , "look at that bag dad" , "look at that green plane dad" and so on and on and on for 40 mins..

Now got loud talking mobile man with a sharp suit and a dull mind.. Kill me now....
Old Aug 7, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Silver, for now at least...
Two words:

- August!

- QC35s!

Old Aug 7, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Hahahaha OP you live up to your user name
Old Aug 7, 2017, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Already moved to a quieter zone following the most anoying kid ever. Talking loudly and pointing at the planes.. "look at that plane dad" closely followed by "look at that plane dad" , "look at those planes dad" , "look at that bag dad" , "look at that green plane dad" and so on and on and on for 40 mins..
I wonder if he has said "look at that really grumpy old man" yet.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
It's public transport at the end of the day, not a private members' club. Some people behave badly; at the very least, you cannot trust/expect/force them to behave well...

1. Bose noise-cancelling headphones
2. Adjust expectations

It's painful, but people do have to travel with kids, and kids get excited at airports...

As for the loud mobile phone conversation: 20 years into the mobile phone thing, and some people have still not worked out it's rude to make anything other than brief, urgent & quiet calls in public. These people will never learn, so my two recommendations above should do you nicely...
Old Aug 7, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
I wonder if he has said "look at that really grumpy old man" yet.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 7:01 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
I hear ya, bro.

Wine or a similarly fortifying beverage makes it much better. And, as others have mentioned, wear a pair of quality headphones and my additional recommendation of a leave-me-alone-or-else scowl.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 7:01 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I have just responded to a BA survey. I should have actually made some "interesting" requests on lounges, like quiet zones where noisy people will be asked to leave regardless of the reason why they are being noisy (kids being noisy or mobile phone man being noisy, or women pretending to be kookaburras or whatever).
Old Aug 7, 2017, 7:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by ratypus

As for the loud mobile phone conversation: 20 years into the mobile phone thing, and some people have still not worked out it's rude to make anything other than brief, urgent & quiet calls in public. These people will never learn, so my two recommendations above should do you nicely...
+ 1. Yes, rude.

Also unnecessary ; and also very tiresome.

There are times (very few .... but scenario described by OP is one) when I find myself wishing that mobile phones could be legally sequestered from a certain category of individuals.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
I am also not quite sure why the use of speaker phone feature in public spaces is so de riguer these days.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Oh my god no. Children getting excited by airplanes !!!!! What ever is the world coming too

cs
Old Aug 7, 2017, 8:08 am

As someone with a child, having the separate play area in a lounge/terminal is critical for both my sanity and my fellow passengers. Being completely pragmatic and no matter how great of a parent you are, under a certain age, there's only so much quiet time you're going to get out of them.

Speaker phone thing... yeah adults should have the self-awareness to know what a POS they're being
Old Aug 7, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Professor Yaffle

- QC35s!
Amen Brother! ^

Noise Cancelling Headphones have completely transformed the whole concept of being in public places - everybody needs them! You'll never be annoyed by a child again!

Coupled with a bit of music, or even just some relaxing 'ambient noise/rain sounds' from one of those apps, and you're in a happy place that no irritating div on a mobile can tear you from
Old Aug 7, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by Foltan
Amen Brother! ^

Noise Cancelling Headphones have completely transformed the whole concept of being in public places - everybody needs them! You'll never be annoyed by a child again!

Coupled with a bit of music, or even just some relaxing 'ambient noise/rain sounds' from one of those apps, and you're in a happy place that no irritating div on a mobile can tear you from

Oh I just love stupid people wearing noise cancelling headphones as they walk across the road right in front of me when every other vehicle and pedestrian around has spotted me hurtling towards them

Bit like the Darwin theory really

cs
Old Aug 7, 2017, 8:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by sunshinebob

Now got loud talking mobile man with a sharp suit and a dull mind.. Kill me now....
Look at that man with only one leg! Look at that person who is in a wheelchair! Look at that woman with a huge nose! Look at that man with a rat stuck up his arse.

No offensive to OP but remember that all disabilities are not visible. Not saying the kid in question is disabled but they could have a disability. I would be more concerned by the parents actions or inactions. Are they engaging with the child or simply ignoring? Of course as parents we have to try to switch off as well just to allow us room to think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.