Aberdeen - BA Lounge - Silver Refusal

Old Sep 5, 2017, 6:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by Anastasis
Complained 'online' to BA and further below is their 'official' answer received today:

Customer By CSS Web (Anastasis) (16/08/2017 11.43 AM (BST))
Note: Starting from 31 July 2017, British Airways Lounge in Aberdeen will close for refurbishment. The British Airways Lounge in Aberdeen will be undergoing refurbishment works which will mean the lounge will be closed for several months. During this period alternative options will be available. Please contact the Customer Service team at the airport for further information.

Dear BA,

Aberdeen is the hub for my trips and now silver members cannot enter the BA lounge unless you are gold; instead you offer a Ł5 voucher that is supposed to be consumed outside the lounge on food and non-alcohol drinks; is that the real value of your silver members???

I find it more and more difficult to stay with your status scheme;

Answer:
Thanks for contacting me about the closure of our lounge at Aberdeen airport. Please accept my apologies for this and for the delay in responding to your concerns.
The closure is due to a major redevelopment of the airport terminal including the security search area, which will be relocated to the lounge's current location.
Our new British Airways lounge is planned to open in May 2018.
The new lounge will have 375 square metres of space and will include comfortable seating and airside views.
Until our new lounge opens we've arranged alternative options for our eligible customers.
These include offering a third party lounge for Club Europe customers and for our Gold Executive Club members.
A refreshment voucher for Silver Executive Club members is also available.
I realise this isn't ideal, but I'm sure you'll understand the lounge can only accommodate a certain number of passengers at any one time.
Thanks again for contacting me.
We value your support as a Silver member of our Executive Club. I hope you enjoy your flight with us to London Heathrow on 10 September.
Please feel free to contact me directly if I can assist you with anything else.
Best regards
Lewis Stafford
British Airways Customer Relations
Your case reference is:16915745
Welcome to FT Anastasis and the BA forum.

Seems a pretty standard cut and paste response from BA. I really don't buy the capacity argument - each time I have been in there, it hasn't even been half full. It just seems like penny pinching.

I did have to laugh at the "we value your support as a Silver member of our Executive Club".......

JamieABZ likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: BA, LH, KLM
Thnx!
I am so looking forward to get a meal deal from Boots with the generous BA voucher on September 10th when I fly out from ABZ!
God save the Queen (who's going to save us?)
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:39 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I believe she has her own arrangements in the vicinity of ABZ. But welcome to Flyertalk and the BA board thereupon, Anastasis, and I hope we will hear more from you in the future.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 5:00 am

Programs: BA, LH, KLM
Aberdeen - BA Lounge - Silver Refusal

Thnx!
I am so looking forward to get a meal deal from Boots with the generous BA voucher on September 10th when I fly out from ABZ!
here i am in abz airport - nobody at the BA Info desk after security!!! asking around someone advises 'go to gate 5 and ask there' - nobody is at the desk although it says it's open 2 hours before a BA flight; frustrated!!
JamieABZ likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: ba
Lets face it guys and girls Aberdeen have been the poor cousins with service to and from aberdeen for their loyal BA customers. When Aberdeen was buzzing a return flight could be up to 400 they used to have flights to London City and Gatwick now nothing. If a flight needs to be cancelled or delayed it seems to be " lets jut make it the aberdeen flight. They must have made a fortune. Now that Aberdeen is struggling its even worse.

The number of people that get turned away from the lounge is embarrassing you think with the details they take they could warn silver members that they aren't entitled to use the lounge but email them a Ł5 voucher.

Think they should change their name to Budget Airways.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:20 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
I am from Aberdeen but usually fly from GLA where I live. I was up a few weeks ago and was checked in by the most disinterested guy in the world who turned around to me and said 'oh, you're on a business class ticket did you know?' there's actually a lounge here you can go into. Follow the signs.' That was it. I 'actually' thought the lounge was great, but it was a Monday and very empty, super polite staff, great view and a bottle of BrewDog IPA, perfect for a quick half hour visit.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold/ All the AMEX Plat things
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia

I'd actually rather get Ł5 than go to some of the lounges around the world though.
I will second that. Anyone remember the Bordeaux Lounge when BA pax had access?

Is there a thread- Worst BA 3rd party lounge?
Old Apr 26, 2018, 12:03 am

Programs: BAEC
This sounds like a capacity issue, like it or not. I don't think BA are sneering at any level of BAEC member in this situation. 5 quid seems a little measly, but some destinations don't have lounges at all. I'd be happy to receive a Ł5 voucher every time I depart LCY to compensate for the lack of lounge.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 12:34 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), IHG Rewards (Gold Elite), Marriot (Gold Elite), HHonors (Gold Elite), SPG (Gold)
Problem will go away soon when new BA lounge opens but as a traveller from ABZ and a silver it’s been a pain in the neck. A bacon roll and a cup of tea before the red eye costs.Ł6.90 so the Ł5 is a joke.

and last week en route to DXB there wasn’t an agent in sight to even get my voucher.

i was lucky enough to get into the new 3rd party lounge on a J fare a few months back (sold as economy to work travel agent but was a CE booking). It is an superb lounge. I bet the new BA one won’t be a patch on it when it opens.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Finavia
I will second that. Anyone remember the Bordeaux Lounge when BA pax had access?

Is there a thread- Worst BA 3rd party lounge?
BOD is now refurbished and as of a few weeks ago BA passengers have access again. There are about half a dozen recent threads on the worst BA lounge, though some such as ALA are no long BA routes, and RAK has moved/improved slightly. This is the biggest thread:

What's the WORST lounge you've been in - and why?
Old May 14, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), BA Gold (OWE)
Re-opening 15 May

I was flying out today on FlyBe, but checked with the BA agent when the lounge would re-open and was informed it will be tomorrow, 15 May. Looking through the windows, it looks like it'll be a decent lounge. I look forward to trying it out in a couple weeks enroute to BCN via LHR.
Old May 14, 2018, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by RudderDucky
I was flying out today on FlyBe, but checked with the BA agent when the lounge would re-open and was informed it will be tomorrow, 15 May. Looking through the windows, it looks like it'll be a decent lounge. I look forward to trying it out in a couple weeks enroute to BCN via LHR.
Well done on the scoop on the photo!

I don't know what @Genius1 will say, but from this photo is looks a mix of the two recent styles, the bar area is like FCO and the rear seating (and bottom right corner) looks LGW. Hopefully we will see more photos tomorrow.
Old May 14, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Great stuff! Looking forward to visiting on Friday!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.