Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aberdeen - BA Lounge - Silver Refusal

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by Inchyra03
Well I haven't heard from customer relations yet, but customer relations in the business lounge at T5 told me to use the QR feedback which I did. 10 minutes later a lady from BA called me and invited me to the First Class Lounge in T5 by way of an apology. Very professional, gave me a tour, and doesn't agree with what BA are doing with the Ł5 voucher and no Free access to Northern Lights Lounge in absence of BA one meantime. She said that wouldn't happen anywhere else and thinks it is poor so we shall see if there are any changes.
Hopefully this was a one off and that all Silver members who complain in T5 won't be taken through to the FLounge..... I imagine that would cause even more problems for BA

Originally Posted by rt112
I'm in the Northern Lights lounge in ABZ now, accessed by Priority Pass.It's nice, and as others have noted the food and drink offerings are substantially better than BA's lounges in UK outstations. That said it is a bit crowded already. The Ł5 voucher offered to Silver members is a bit of a paltry offering, although at least they've removed the stipulation that it cannot be spent on alcohol (only exemption now is duty free).
At least they've removed the no booze rule..... you might get a half pint and a pack of nuts!
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
I've been in the BA First Lounge in T5 a number of times before and to be honest it's not that much better than the business lounge. Qatar and Cathay is in a different league.
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 4:38 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by KLJamie
My wife registered a complaint yesterday on the lounge situation in Aberdeen. I will revert when / if she get's a response.

Also alarming was the fact that the check in agent at Aberdeen's belief that my wife and daughter (both Silver Card's) only entitled to 23kgs a bag.....

What is going on in Aberdeen and in BA ? Auto destruct.....
As yet, no response from BA customer services to my wife's complaint. Ah well.......
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by KLJamie
As yet, no response from BA customer services to my wife's complaint. Ah well.......
None here either. And relevant to your previous post, the service generally at Aberdeen with BA continues to degrade. No check-in machines any more; check-in desks often unstaffed or understaffed; being told that my trip to New Zealand in J "had no checked baggage allowance" (and having to point out where on the printed itinerary it said that I did); the removal of lounge access for Silver (seemingly due to penny-pinching on the part of BA) is just another thing to add to the list.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
As a futher data point, just had a bit of a struggle to get into Northern Lights lounge at ABZ this morning.

It's a 125-plated ticket, sold as an I-class ticket on BA4072. However, it's on LM metal... but check-in is with BE !!

The BE BP shows almost no useful information, stating simply BE6916 in Y so the lounge agent initially said "sorry, not eligible".

To be fair to her, she did actually listen to my explanation and read through the booking details on my BA app. After a while, having failed to raise a supervisor by phone, she smilingly waved me through.

It all took a good 10 minutes to sort out...
Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:06 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Fitch
As a futher data point, just had a bit of a struggle to get into Northern Lights lounge at ABZ this morning.

It's a 125-plated ticket, sold as an I-class ticket on BA4072. However, it's on LM metal... but check-in is with BE !!
So that's the Loganair flight to LSI (Sumburgh, Shetland) for those who may have memorised the entire timetable but may still be wading through all the codeshares.

And actually they would have been within their rights to deny you access, since the eligibility criteria only exists for BA's own lounges, not third party lounges. No problem (in theory) when the BA lounge returns to Aberdeen next year.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
So that's the Loganair flight to LSI (Sumburgh, Shetland) for those who may have memorised the entire timetable but may still be wading through all the codeshares.

And actually they would have been within their rights to deny you access, since the eligibility criteria only exists for BA's own lounges, not third party lounges. No problem (in theory) when the BA lounge returns to Aberdeen next year.
Yeah sorry, Aberdeen to Sumburgh (which btw is currently showing a 40-minute delay).

So the situation's a bit like a Vueling-operated flight then, 125-ticket, marketed as BA but no lounge access ?
Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yeah sorry, Aberdeen to Sumburgh (which btw is currently showing a 40-minute delay).

So the situation's a bit like a Vueling-operated flight then, 125-ticket, marketed as BA but no lounge access ?
Vueling, Aer Lingus, Air Baltic, FlyBe, Loganair are all in the same boat, as it were, so not oneworld airlines, but where BA codeshares on 125 tickets and for BA Gold cardholders (not Emerald) is supposed to give lounge access, provided it is a BA operated lounge - which ABZ currently is not. Now this entitlement is sometimes difficult to obtain, but at other places, notably LGW South, there is a big sign up making entry easier. Now due to the Loganair connection it's possible that arrangements were made in ABZ, but I have my doubts.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:50 am

I think I had a stroke of luck / nice lounge agent this morning

Now to see how BE handle things when I misconnect at Sumburgh later (as is looking increasingly likely...
Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:52 am

Now to see how BE handle things when I misconnect at Sumburgh later (as is looking increasingly likely...
Um, good luck, you'll probably need some.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 7:50 am

Well in the end I had an awesome experience

Despite a very late arrival, and a delay in getting off due to a load of newsprint in the rear cargo hold having priority for weight & balance, I nonetheless just made the flight.

And the awesome part ? An enormous amount of common sense was shown by various staff (BE, LM and ground) and with a less than 100% strict application of the rules, I had a most relaxing and stylish aircraft to aircraft transfer

I won't post too much detail here but my first experience of BE/LM has been supremely positive !!
Old Aug 19, 2017, 8:10 am

Well in the end I had an awesome experience … I had a most relaxing and stylish aircraft to aircraft transfer
Glad to hear that Fitch - and even without details it sounds rather cool

I recall seeing something recently about paying for direct transfers at major hubs (not sure about LHR, but I think FRA might've been one) and the price was eye-watering. Whether Sumburgh counts as a major hub or not is another question, of course
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by Aberdeen BA Traveller
Hi all

Pretty disappointing and insulting really BA.

Thanks all,

Rant over.

Aberdeen BA Traveller, as a Gold (for a few more weeks anyway) I'd like to express solidarity with you as well as annoyance at yet another BA PR balls up. Those in charge continue on their merry way, spoiling the ship for a h'a porth of tar. You are entitled to your rant. A Ł5 voucher is a joke. Why oh Why do they keep doing things like this.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:38 pm

Well in the end I had an awesome experience

Despite a very late arrival, and a delay in getting off due to a load of newsprint in the rear cargo hold having priority for weight & balance, I nonetheless just made the flight.

And the awesome part ? An enormous amount of common sense was shown by various staff (BE, LM and ground) and with a less than 100% strict application of the rules, I had a most relaxing and stylish aircraft to aircraft transfer

I won't post too much detail here but my first experience of BE/LM has been supremely positive !!
Is that a famous euphemism for a walk in a howling gale and pouring rain
Old Aug 23, 2017, 5:21 am

Programs: BA Silver
A response from BA to my wife today.

"Dear Mrs ************

Thanks for getting in touch about your lounge access in Aberdeen on 7 August. I'd like to apologise for the delay in response. I understand you felt let down by our service. Especially as you're Silver members of our Executive Club, for this I'm sorry.

I'm concerned to hear that you didn't gain access to our lounge due to closure. However, after trying to enter the third party you was denied access. Unfortunately this due to it not being up to our discretion they decide whether members may enter or not. I understand this isn't the answer you were looking for, I'm sorry.

I understand you were disappointed and actually felt insulted. By the low UKP we provided at the airport as a gesture of goodwill, I've passed this on to our management team in London Heathrow. They will investigate internally and look if we can change any gestures for future issues.

We're committed to ensuring all of our passengers have a seamless service when they travel with us. It's clear from your email this wasn't the case on this occasion. Please be assured, I've passed your comments to our Customer Experience team who will use your feedback to improve our service and tailor any changes required.

Thanks again for getting in touch, we appreciate your support as loyal Silver members of our Executive Club. We look forward to welcoming you and your family on board again soon. If you have any other issues please don't hesitate to contact me directly using the blue link below.

Best regards
++++++ ++++++++
British Airways Customer Relations Executive
Your case reference is:1687****"

"Unfortunately this due to it not being up to our discretion they decide whether members may enter or not." -

1 - Can anyone confirm this statement for Aberdeen?
2 - So BA is saying it is not there decision - and they tried to get Silver's access to the 3rd party lounge?

Thanks - KLJamie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.