Search

Adding a US Visa in MMB

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2017, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, BAEC Silver, M&M FTL
Adding a US Visa in MMB

Hi all,

Trying to add my US Visa in MMB for my upcoming trip at the start of Sept. Keeps coming up with an error message saying some of the information is invalid and I should check it.
All the info is correct so not sure why it won't let me add my Visa. Will calling them get it sorted?

TIA
Old Aug 6, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I didn't know we have to add a visa. I am travelling next week and have a B1/2 visa, should I add it to my booking?
Old Aug 6, 2017, 12:40 pm
sgm

Programs: BA Gold
I never add it to MMB but am prompted to do it when checking in online. You will need the control no - printed in red on your visa page. Never had a problem thereafter continuing with checkin.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 12:42 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Lowly BAEC Bronze, VS, IHG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hotels.com Gold
I can't help you, but I can offer some reassurance that it's not just you! I just went to try to add mine as I also have a trip coming up in September, albeit not until the 15th, and also get the error message. That suggests a system issue. I imagine a call will get it sorted.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
I've never added my visa details. I have always presumed it would need checking regardless, so didn't really see the point.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 1:30 pm

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by sgm
I never add it to MMB but am prompted to do it when checking in online. You will need the control no - printed in red on your visa page. Never had a problem thereafter continuing with checkin.
Do you get a BP after checking in? I can normally check in but don't get the BP (I assume because of the manual visa check).
Old Aug 6, 2017, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, BAEC Silver, M&M FTL
Ah okay, it's just added in the API, but hoping it will work during check in then!
Old Aug 6, 2017, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by patgarrett
Do you get a BP after checking in? I can normally check in but don't get the BP (I assume because of the manual visa check).
For my flight tomorrow I'm checked in but also see this message:"According to our security check, you do not currently have the authorization required to travel to the US." I have a valid visa so I'm hoping this is just an IT glitch. I've never seen this message before during OLCI.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
For my flight tomorrow I'm checked in but also see this message:"According to our security check, you do not currently have the authorization required to travel to the US." I have a valid visa so I'm hoping this is just an IT glitch. I've never seen this message before during OLCI.
If you are checking in a bag anyway I don't see it making a difference? You have to physically show up at the desk in any case. With BA do they check the visa manually at the check in counter or do you still have to go to the Visa check desk?
Old Aug 6, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Pretty certain that visa is checked at check in, it certainly was when I flew to NYC recently, and that there is no additional checking process. It was also like that last month to DFW (albeit in AA). However I do have my Visa details stored in MMB, which might make the difference.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 4:29 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by sgm
You will need the control no - printed in red on your visa page.
Indeed. A letter followed by 7 digits.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 12:07 am

Found it in MMB. I only just had the visa issued and so when I booked the flight months ago I didn't have a visa so I had clicked on "no visa" and was going to use my existing ESTA. Now I have had the visa issued I needed to change that in MMB but had forgotten it was there!

So thanks for reminding me... MMB all correctly updated now

Last edited by snaxmuppet; Aug 7, 2017 at 12:08 am Reason: spelling
Old Aug 7, 2017, 2:56 am

Just checked in at LHR. I was told that if you don't have a Green Card MMB won't accept it if you state the US as your primary residence. This is news to me. I've had a US visa for years and have never had an issue checking in online as a primary US resident.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 3:03 am

Forgive me patgarrat but I don't understand... if you are a primary resident of the USA then surely you would need either a green card or visa that allows residency? I am confused (doesn't take much tbh!)
Old Aug 7, 2017, 6:02 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Just checked in at LHR. I was told that if you don't have a Green Card MMB won't accept it if you state the US as your primary residence. This is news to me. I've had a US visa for years and have never had an issue checking in online as a primary US resident.
We have been living in the US on a Visa (through my work) without a green card for 7 years. You don't need a green card in order to use a US address as your primary residence and check in online. However - for each booking - API still requires our address in the US even though we live here. I always enter our home address. Perhaps this is the part that's not required if you have a green card?

Originally Posted by snaxmuppet
Forgive me patgarrat but I don't understand... if you are a primary resident of the USA then surely you would need either a green card or visa that allows residency? I am confused (doesn't take much tbh!)
patgarrett is specifically referring to a green card and not a visa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.