Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Flagship lounge LHR T3 worth a visit?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Jed
Apparently they do have picnmix in the J lounge too as when we were filling our sweet bags in the F lounge, the staff member said if we want dolly mixture too, feel free to pop to the J lounge to get it
Great thanks I will pop in later in the month!
Old Aug 6, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by smokie36
Do they have the takeaway pick n mix in the AA club lounge too?

Her indoors has a sweet tooth and might appreciate a wee bag.
Yup, I can confirm that they do, and the selection is a bit better too!
Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Oaxaca
Flagship lounges are more or less the AA equivalent of BA F lounges like GF (though some are being upgraded to offer CCR style F dining). As with BA, they are not in many airports, but LHR has one. You'd need to be OWE (or flying AA F, not sure about other OW F) to get in.

edit - I'm not sure whether the new expanded Flagship lounge access policy (link to AA forum thread below) applies at LHR. If so, it may no longer be only OWE.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ne-2017-a.html
From memory I think AA have rebranded the LHR Flagship Lounge as an International First lounge (or something similar) and at present it's OneWorld Emeralds or F pax only. OneWorld Sapphire/J pax can use the Admirals Club.

The lounge is scheduled for a refit and once this is completed it'll open as a Flagship lounge (and possibly have Flagship dining too). According to AA this is scheduled to completed in 2018.

Once the refit is completed, J+F and OneWorld Emerald and Sapphire will have access to the Flagship lounge and those flying F will have access to Flagship dining.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
I will agree with those that say that the decor and views make the lounge a bit drab but I have always enjoyed this lounge because of the food. I am usually in first thing in the morning and not able to eat breakfast at the hotel. The buffet spread is always quite good and and plentiful. The staff is always nice enough to let me know that I can order off a menu as well but never a need as there is so much out on the buffet and I find it good. I am sure based on reports here that the CX F lounge is better but I find this one pretty good an serves my purpose for sure.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM
Originally Posted by mrow

The lounge is scheduled for a refit and once this is completed it'll open as a Flagship lounge (and possibly have Flagship dining too). According to AA this is scheduled to completed in 2018.

Once the refit is completed, J+F and OneWorld Emerald and Sapphire will have access to the Flagship lounge and those flying F will have access to Flagship dining.
They would need to reconfigure the space, I think. Currently, the F lounge is small and the J lounge is much larger. I doubt they could have all AA's F, J and OWE and OWS in the current F lounge. That would leave the J lounge just to be used by Admirals Club members and I doubt there are that many of those passing through LHR who don't have at least AA platinum status (OWS).
Old Aug 6, 2017, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by jlsw7
They would need to reconfigure the space, I think. Currently, the F lounge is small and the J lounge is much larger. I doubt they could have all AA's F, J and OWE and OWS in the current F lounge. That would leave the J lounge just to be used by Admirals Club members and I doubt there are that many of those passing through LHR who don't have at least AA platinum status (OWS).
Yes they will almost certainly need to reconfigure the space as the current F space would not accommodate everyone.

What they've done at JFK (first station with new lounge concepts completed) is to massively expand the Flagship lounge floor space. They still have an Admirals Club too (I guess to accommodate paid lounge access as is the norm in the USA).

Haven't seen any plans for the new AA lounges at LHR but it wouldn't surprise me if they kept an Admirals Club to accommodate Admirals Club members.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
I popped in to the Flagship Lounge after staying in the CX. CX is definitely the place to go and relax, but Moet and a hot menu is still on offer at AA. Good to pick up a few more bits and pieces before heading off (the aforementioned sweets).

Wouldn't be averse to spending time there, but the CX Flounge and view is truly a wonderful place to be.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 12:25 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by MrsW
It's great if you're travelling with kids as there are jars of pick'n'mix and paper bags so you can help yourself to take away - strictly rationed on board to avoid sugar rush and tooth decay mind.
I'm transiting T3 next week, with two kids. Are the paper bags available at the candy station or you have to ask for them to an assistant?
They basically almost never have candies at home, so a bit of them going on vacation would be a treat
Old Aug 7, 2017, 1:30 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
There are little tubs for use in the lounge and paper bags to take away next to the jars.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 1:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Thanks! I am sure the kids will appreciate it
Old Aug 7, 2017, 2:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Here are some pictures for you from about 2 weeks ago. I liked the lounge - the dining room menu is small but the food is very nice. I had the lamb - recommended. Champagne is Moet.

I did write a full review for my blog as well. Most of the pictures are above... the other thing to mention is the fact that the lounge staff are really great. I think a visit is a must.

http://travelupdate.boardingarea.com...lounge-aa-lhr/

Cheers!
Old Aug 7, 2017, 3:15 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
And here's a photo of the pic'n'mix shelf......
Attached Images  
Old Aug 7, 2017, 3:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
I never considered the AA Flagship lounge as a breakfast option as I normally head to GF on my rare visits to T3. I have an opportunity to try it out next month so thanks to FlightDetective and others who have highlighted this.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 3:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Interesting post, and thank you for posting the reviews/pictures. It's years since I've been to the AA F lounge at T3, especially with the opening of the CX lounge (I've not been to the the BA one since that re-opened either).

For a bit of a change I think I'll try that one next time I fly from T3, and I have a few T3's coming up.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 5:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
I never considered it either until I read somewhere a few comments from people saying the staff were great and the food pretty good. People were saying they had avoided it for ages and were pleasantly surprised by it.

The Moet on arrival as you walk in is a thing. The bucket of Champagne is by the door and as you enter someone offers you a glass. Later on when eating they offered me more.

Almost all the staff are from Rhubarb except the Manager Teresa who is AA. Really great people. I think you'll enjoy it. I was there at the end of the day though when it was very quiet - around 5pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.