Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Useless BA Customer Support and more IT Issues

Old Aug 4, 2017, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

I received separate emails from BA on the 31st July and 1st August with the following:

"Thank you for getting in touch with us about your upcoming travel.

I'm sorry to say I do not have access to all of the information to be able to answer your question. This does unfortunately mean you'll need to call your nearest reservations centre to help with your request. You can find their details at ba.com/contactus.

I am sorry I could not be more immediately helpful, and if there is anything else I can help with please let me know."

Surprising as I did not contact BA. They seem to be sending out random emails?

I did contact BA on the 2nd August. The manage my bookings page has changed in the last week or so and at least one functionality is not working for me (Add flights to my calendar). I use OS X and have tried three different browsers. Will BA never learn... Anyhow, I wrote to BA to advise them of the issue and received a very unhelpful response (see attachment). Why could this jobsworth not have forwarded the enquiry to the relevant department? I do not have the time or inclination to follow up but hope that someone from BA picks this up!
Attached Images  
Old Aug 4, 2017, 5:21 am

Almost every time I have sent an e mail to "customer support etc" I have had almost the same reply word for word, each time it has been signed by what I take to be an Indian name..(from that I am assuming that it is the Indian Call Centre,I may be wrong)
What I do now is reply to that e mail stating that I am not prepared to call (at my expense ) and would they pass my, query, complaint, request for help to the relevant department.
Without fail, I have been contacted(within one or two weeks) by someone with clearly not an Indian name, who has always proved to be most helpful.
My feeling is that the Indian call centre is just buck passing and can then say " we have dealt with xxx number of calls this month" and that this reply is the default answer to almost all queries.

I may be wrong, but that is the impression I have
Old Aug 4, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by CeeGee
My feeling is that the Indian call centre is just buck passing and can then say " we have dealt with xxx number of calls this month" and that this reply is the default answer to almost all queries.
Pretty much. They do little more than search ba.com for the answer. It isn't really meant to be a method to get BA to do something or communicate with anyone in particular
Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Took CeeGee's advice and just replied and low and behold I was contacted by BA again and they are investigating... Would it have been that difficult for the initial person in India to do this without prompting??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.