Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways to launch LHR - BNA Nashville, from 4 May 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 15, 2017, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
British Airways announces new London Heathrow – Nashville service, 3-class Boeing 787-8.

This 5 weekly service will begin on 04MAY18.

BA223 LHR1545 – 1850BNA 788 x47
BA222 BNA2025 – 1030+1LHR 788 x47
Print Wikipost

British Airways to launch LHR - BNA Nashville, from 4 May 2018

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:00 pm

787-8? So no F then? Ugh.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:05 pm

Programs: IHG Gold, VS Silver, EK Silver, BA Blue
Currently @ YYZ on route to Nashville, don't need to do ATL, DTW. Good addition to the network, Nashville growing fast.

In other news AC premium economy significantly better than BA, but won't surprise many on here. Will definitely try again.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Avis Presidents Club
Had an excellent weekend there recently!

Go to the Corsair distillery for whiskey tasting, at the Marathon Motor Works. And yeah, Skull's is great too!
Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Can't say I'm a fan of country and western music which is the image I have of Nashvhille.
What else is there to see there?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Can't say I'm a fan of country and western music which is the image I have of Nashvhille.
What else is there to see there?
Nashville is the "Music City", not just country music. It has been the mecca for songwriters for many years, drawing musicians of all genres. Steven Tyler, Justin Timberlake, Michael McDonald, Roger Daltry, Ben Folds, Jack White, Hayley Williams, Alison Mosshart, and Dan Auerbach are just some non-country musicians that live, at least part-time, in the Nashville area.

There is a lot to do beside music. In the city area there are several historic sites, The Parthenon, Belle Meade Mansion, The State Capitol Building, the Belmont Mansion, and The Hermitage. The Frist Center, located downtown, is a fine art gallery. All of the more popular upscale bars and restaurants are located in or on the fringe of the downtown area. About an hour south of Nashville is the Jack Daniel Distillery, which is open for tours. I also believe a Whiskey Trail has recently been put together. North of Nashville, in southern Kentucky is the Bourbon Trail.

And yes, the honky tonk bars located on Broadway downtown primarily play country music. But one doesn't have to look too far to find quality blues, rock, alternative, or Americana.

Just a short list. Give us a try, we are so much more than country music.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Nashville hot chicken is worth the ticket price alone.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by opalfruit
Nashville hot chicken is worth the ticket price alone.
You should try Red Rooster - that's about what they charge.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA Gold Elite
Nashville will have no problem supporting this flight. The county just south of metropolitan Nashville-Williamson County- is the 7th wealthiest county in the USA when you go by median income. Plenty of people can and do fly private jets to/from BNA.
There is a lot of under the radar "old money" located in this area in addition to the more obvious new wealth from singers/songwriters and musicians.
Very diverse and robust economy which has faired quite well during economic downturns-state government offices, huge healthcare businesses, many universities(we aren't called the Athens of the South for nothing),Nissan,Bridgestone,publishing,Tractor Supply,finance,etc,etc.
Music is still a strong part of the economy here but so many other businesses are moving here that it does not have the market share it once did.
Even if you are not a country music fan there is nothing like visiting the gorgeous old Ryman auditorium to hear the amazing acoustics no matter who is playing and the Schermerhorn symphony hall is now rated among the top 5 symphony halls world wide for its acoustics and beautiful architecture. Great botanical gardens, great museums, fabulous Civil War history sites in Franklin plus the Hermitage. Foodies are descending on us like mad and Nashville was rated one of the top new foodie cities recently.
So unlike what I have read what other posters have said, we are just a bit too busy to waste our time burning crosses here when 100 people a day are moving here. And no, we are lot better than Liverpool too. There are MANY reasons to come here more than once.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 4:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
I've wanted to do a road trip around this part of the US for some time, and this has given me the urge to book something for next year. I was going to do an open-jaw with ATL but it was more difficult coming up with an obvious one-way routing that included Nashville, Memphis and Dollywood (!) than just doing some sort of driving loop to/from BNA.

The downside is clearly the 787-8 and it's a long time since I've flown the 7/8 Club World configurations across a wide-body. I've booked with Avios and so can have a think about it - even with an Amex 241 and GUF it's not amazing value, £1,069 and 82.5K for two (one way peak, the other off-peak), but the cancellable nature of an award ticket helps massively.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dalewood
I am a bit surprised at this possible route. Nashville will have to support this flight on its own. People in Birmingham, Knoxville, and Chattanooga are still going to use ATL (at least to go to Europe). Memphis is quite a haul from BNA.
Is there anything in the way of cargo demand? AUS was basically supported by huge cargo demand in both directions for the first few months.

Originally Posted by andymoss
787-8? So no F then? Ugh.
Welcome to FlyerTalk andymoss. It's good to see you here. BA is a bit cautious with new routes these days. A 789 may be subbed-in eventually.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 4:32 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by where2travel
I've wanted to do a road trip around this part of the US for some time, and this has given me the urge to book something for next year. I was going to do an open-jaw with ATL but it was more difficult coming up with an obvious one-way routing that included Nashville, Memphis and Dollywood (!) than just doing some sort of driving loop to/from BNA.

The downside is clearly the 787-8 and it's a long time since I've flown the 7/8 Club World configurations across a wide-body. I've booked with Avios and so can have a think about it - even with an Amex 241 and GUF it's not amazing value, £1,069 and 82.5K for two (one way peak, the other off-peak), but the cancellable nature of an award ticket helps massively.
Given the current ex-EU prices, I'd say that's decent value for money.

Lots to see in the area and so different if you've only ever done the coasts.

A bit of a drive, but Lexington, KY is worth a visit for the Bourbon distilleries and the horse farm tours. Bardstown is worth a visit, and for you geologists out there, Mammoth Cave National Park has the largest cave network in the world (Mrs GM had a summer job there as a guide when she was at university!).

Car fans might like the Corvette Museum on I65 near Bowling Green. The flights don’t start early enough for 2018, but the Kentucky Derby is held at Churchill Downs in Louisville every May.

Welcome to the south y'all!
Old Aug 9, 2017, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
It's good to see you here. BA is a bit cautious with new routes these days.
You think? I actually think BA in the last 5 years has been very adventurous with new routes. Obviously a lot of factors need to be in place to make new routes work. Good to see ^
Old Aug 9, 2017, 6:04 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, EI Aer Club, LifeMiles
Originally Posted by TimmyD
I'm sure Nashville is very nice but is there any chance of any of BA's new long haul routes being to anywhere other than the US (or the Americas at least)?
Agreed. There is potential for expansion with a net number of new frames (around 5 off the top of my head) coming in by end 2018, yet BA seem to be upgauging existing routes as much as launching new, with PVG, DOH, AUH and MCT all getting increased frequencies over the last year or so, and PHL and PHX to follow.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, EI Aer Club, LifeMiles
Originally Posted by BApilotinsider
You think? I actually think BA in the last 5 years has been very adventurous with new routes. Obviously a lot of factors need to be in place to make new routes work. Good to see ^
Sort of. They've been "adventurous" with easy-to-cut-if tghings-go-sour European holiday routes and have been fun to watch launching US secondary cities, but outside that they've been appalling in their network cuts and lack of adventure.

Africa and Central Asia have been big victims under this strategy, while other European airlines make hay, even in BA's old English-speaking African markets. In my view, this is hugely embarrassing and just provides more evidence to our African cousins that we Brits don't care.

In a nutshell BA are playing it safe, and now IB may well be joining them with their recent CLO and GYE cuts, despite promising resumptions like TYO, JNB, HAV, MVD, SJU etc, and new routes like PVG.

BA putting all their eggs in one basket while cutting service, food, staff, wages, quality and alienating all their customers bit by bit is a dangerous strategy.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 8:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Did we have the flight times yet? I've lost track. If not, there they are:

British Airways today (08AUG17) announced new service launch to the US, with the first nonstop London Heathrow – Nashville service, on board Boeing 787-8. This 5 weekly service will begin on 04MAY18.

BA223 LHR1545 – 1850BNA 788 x47
BA222 BNA2025 – 1030+1LHR 788 x47
Source: Routesonline

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.