Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SSSS at Heathrow

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
Originally Posted by Airprox
25% of passengers on flights to the USA must be screened for explosive residue at the gate, this is indicated by SSSS even though it is very different to the SSSS when within the USA which is a selectee based system and results in a very different search. In theory now having TSA PreCheck should mean that you don't get included in this random 25%, but that is a relatively new setup and we don't know yet whether that includes flights operated by BA or just the main US carriers. In short, no there is no-one you can call to inquire about this in the UK, you are either included in the 25% randomly in which case it isn't personal, or it is coming from the DHS and then the redress program is the resolution system. Just include your KTN in all your bookings involving US travel, including those on BA, and it should minimise the number of times you get SSSS abroad.
having TSA✅ Doesn’t mean you won’t still get a SSSS on your boarding pass random people who are part of the TSA pre, still aren’t given the TSA✅ When checking in....it’s not a guarantee. If you do have TSA on your boarding pass you will almost certainly avoid any random checks but even then it’s not guaranteed
Old Jun 20, 2019, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
I am TSA pre and just got SSSS on Tuesday at LHR (to IAD). Both my partner and I (travelling on the same reservation, both Global Entry) got the full swabdown, asking me to let them swab every electronic device as well as various body parts. Of course then there was a modest mechanical delay so we got to enjoy standing around the SSSS area until the plane was finally available for boarding.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 10:29 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by Airprox
25% of passengers on flights to the USA must be screened for explosive residue at the gate, this is indicated by SSSS even though it is very different to the SSSS when within the USA which is a selectee based system and results in a very different search. In theory now having TSA PreCheck should mean that you don't get included in this random 25%, but that is a relatively new setup and we don't know yet whether that includes flights operated by BA or just the main US carriers. In short, no there is no-one you can call to inquire about this in the UK, you are either included in the 25% randomly in which case it isn't personal, or it is coming from the DHS and then the redress program is the resolution system. Just include your KTN in all your bookings involving US travel, including those on BA, and it should minimise the number of times you get SSSS abroad.
US Citizen with TSA precheck and travel a lot but not to any questionable countries.

RT ticket booked almost a year ago and flying home now from a two-week vacation in Italy and I have the SSSS on my LHR-PHX ticket.

🤷🏻.♂️

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.