Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Stats [number of members in each BAEC level]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stats [number of members in each BAEC level]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2017, 6:26 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I've been told that the GGL redemptions list is kept by one man on a spreadsheet...
Yes, though I've heard that it was moved from an Excel document to a Google Sheet, so at least it's not tied to one person's PC any longer.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
squawk,
the staus person had been a ftse CEO and had become a ftse Chair. (Different Cos, both v big)
In both of those positions, one has to beware of lots of things on the personal side. Lots of interest groups, other criminals and various nutters have an interest in you. Being identifiable in a public domain is simply a risk which is not worth taking. And, as you suggest, he hated the fawning.

Airmiles and tps were simply of no interest to him.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I just can't believe of the millions of passengers, and thousands of very regular corporate customers that only 400 fly 12F returns or 18J a year. Or a mix when chuck in some CE and maybe other OW flights...
If I was doing that many miles in such cabins I'd probably mix up carriers to be high-ranked in all of them. Better than a so-so useful top-end ranking in one IMO.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 1:24 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Latest data is around 500,000 Silver, 100,000 Gold, and 700 Premier.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 1:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Cymro
Priority during irrops, more likely to get a connection held (if they are GGL+ as opposed to scraping silver for two Fs on OneWorld, two on Emirates, two on *A, one on SkyTeam etc.)

Very little benefit for someone like that to be a mid-tier elite collecting smallish numbers of miles in each pot.
Not sure I follow, but they don't tend to care about irrops priority etc as they don't need to worry about it themselves. They just phone their EA from wherever they are at stupid-o'clock get them to deal with it. I know, I am married to one! That's 'status'
Old Aug 6, 2017, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by Corpt
That never ceases to amaze me, even if only for the status.
I seriously doubt someone flying F every month needs a plastic card for "status".
Old Aug 6, 2017, 2:22 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by simons1
I seriously doubt someone flying F every month needs a plastic card for "status".
Oh I don't know, sometimes that status comes in very useful ... but you don't need to carry the card to benefit from it. They know who you are.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 2:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by Cymro
Priority during irrops, more likely to get a connection held (if they are GGL+ as opposed to scraping silver for two Fs on OneWorld, two on Emirates, two on *A, one on SkyTeam etc.)

Very little benefit for someone like that to be a mid-tier elite collecting smallish numbers of miles in each pot.
Priority during irrops for that audience is a travel agent who makes sure they end up on the next available flight, even if that requires purchasing new tickets on multiple carriers. None of that "rerouting on BA only, or maybe OW if you complain really loudly" stuff.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Oh I don't know, sometimes that status comes in very useful ... but you don't need to carry the card to benefit from it. They know who you are.
Exactly. They know who you are without you needing status.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 2:43 am

Exactly. They know who you are without you needing status.
That's not what I am saying, I am saying status is often very useful and offers an additional level of support and recognition, especially in times of need.

Last edited by Tobias-UK; Aug 6, 2017 at 3:25 am
Old Aug 6, 2017, 3:23 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by mikebg
I would suspect that there will be a larger number of CCR holders who only get it for a year than longer term holders, due to a not insignificant number who need GGL but don't normally get 5000 TPs a year. I cannot imagine I am the only one who 'stretched' one years travel with TP runs in order to get GGL after they stopped the 'twice 3000' entry. Mind you, quite unexpectedly I am going to hit 5000 this year as well ... but significantly short of 6000, which is a bit of a shame really.
Yeah, I'm in that boat too, I don't naturally get much beyond about 4000 TPs a year and recently I've not considered a TP run worthwhile (or not had the free time towards my year end) to retain the CCR card. I do miss it a little but GF does the job fine really...
Old Aug 6, 2017, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
That's not what I am saying, I am saying status is often very useful and offers an additional level of support and recognition, especially in times of need.
Not convinced. I think the people we are talking about have people to provide support and don't need BAEC membership to be recognised.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Latest data is around 500,000 Silver, 100,000 Gold, and 700 Premier.
Make that 499,999 silver - Mr H will lose his silver status next week!
Old Aug 6, 2017, 4:58 am

Not convinced. I think the people we are talking about have people to provide support and don't need BAEC membership to be recognised.
I can tell you from first hand experience, as a very regular First class passenger, status does make a difference in times of need. I find the kind of assistance offered and the additional level of support invaluable and by its nature something that no one but BA can offer.

Status for me has been a godsend, and has helped me in some very difficult circumstances.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.