Bangkok 777 refurb

Old Aug 3, 17, 1:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, EY Plat, IHG & Accor Plat...
Originally Posted by HarryKUK View Post
....Also, not sure if it matters so much in Club but presumably the A380 CW is either the same as or better than the 777-200 CW used on the Bangkok route?
I would hope most regular travellers would agree that the quieter A380 cabin, which also has a higher air pressure (ie the equivalent of being at a lower altitude) compared to a 777 means you will arrive more refreshed after a long flight. I know I do.
Old Aug 4, 17, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club; U2 Flight Club; Hilton Honors; IHG
Yesterdayís BA9 was an old 777. My seat was fine though, if you ignore the poor IFE. Service was excellent. My daughter - who was with me on her first Club flight - loved it. We were in the front J cabin. In the rear J cabin was my partner, her seat and IFE were defective, and the service follow ups inadequate. The seat should have been out of service.
Old Aug 4, 17, 12:33 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL/CCR, QR Insider, SQ Gold, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by memesweeper View Post
Yesterdayís BA9 was an old 777. My seat was fine though, if you ignore the poor IFE. Service was excellent. My daughter - who was with me on her first Club flight - loved it. We were in the front J cabin. In the rear J cabin was my partner, her seat and IFE were defective, and the service follow ups inadequate. The seat should have been out of service.
All the 777s to BKK have the old IFE, as indeed do all the BA 3 class 777s.

M
Old Feb 11, 18, 8:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club
The 8Feb BA9 LHR-BKK (and the return the next day) appears to have been operated by a B777-300. Was this a one off? Itís still showing as a 777-200 for my flight later this week.
Old Feb 11, 18, 9:32 am

The 8Feb BA9 LHR-BKK (and the return the next day) appears to have been operated by a B777-300. Was this a one off? Itís still showing as a 777-200 for my flight later this week.
Undoubtedly. BKK yields are some of the lowest on BA's long haul network, so it gets the tattiest B777. BA must be really short of frames to send a decent aircraft.
HarryKUK likes this.
Old Feb 11, 18, 11:55 am

Has the first refurbed 777 with 3 4 3 Y appeared yet it’s been away for a while ?
Old Feb 11, 18, 2:25 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
G-VIIX (The first 777 for densification) has no flight History since going in for the refurbishment...
Old Feb 11, 18, 10:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I wonder if it was put on for Boris Johnson? Appears to have been in Myanmar over the weekend and in Bangkok today
Old Feb 11, 18, 11:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, BA GfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
And Boris plus entourage has just arrived (well five minutes ago) at the Mandarin Oriental. Doc Copper
Old Jan 29, 19, 6:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL(Gone 5/19)-Virgin Gold-Delta MM-Hilton/Wyndham Diamond-IHG/Marriott Gold-Accor/Hyatt Nobody
BUMP .... does anyone know when the LHR-BKK-LHR 777's will have their IFE upgrade completed ?

Is it safe to say it's expected before year end (2019) ?

I'm looking at an Asia run in early 2020 and will avoid this route unless I'm sure the upgrade will have been completed by then.
Old Jan 29, 19, 11:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Originally Posted by BritBoyInFL View Post
BUMP .... does anyone know when the LHR-BKK-LHR 777's will have their IFE upgrade completed ?

Is it safe to say it's expected before year end (2019) ?

I'm looking at an Asia run in early 2020 and will avoid this route unless I'm sure the upgrade will have been completed by then.
The 3 class 777 aircraft (normally the YMMA/B/E birds etc...) that operate this route are being refurbished this year but then transferring to Gatwick so Iím not sure what will then happen with BKK - it will still leave a small fleet of 3 class at LHR to operate but it might see more variation. I just load plenty of movies on my iPad when I do this route - then everything else is just the same - in J anyway.
Old Jan 29, 19, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by Chris9642 View Post

The 3 class 777 aircraft (normally the YMMA/B/E birds etc...) that operate this route are being refurbished this year but then transferring to Gatwick so Iím not sure what will then happen with BKK - it will still leave a small fleet of 3 class at LHR to operate but it might see more variation. I just load plenty of movies on my iPad when I do this route - then everything else is just the same - in J anyway.
Interesting.

The info I had was that they were going to receive the new interiors, including new Club, together with the rest of the RR-powered birds but at a latter stage than the GE-powered planes, with no mention of LGW moves. But, at the same time, I heard time and again that LGW was going up to 17 777s in the not-too-distant future. We'll see.
Old Jan 30, 19, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by 13900 View Post
Interesting.

The info I had was that they were going to receive the new interiors, including new Club, together with the rest of the RR-powered birds but at a latter stage than the GE-powered planes, with no mention of LGW moves. But, at the same time, I heard time and again that LGW was going up to 17 777s in the not-too-distant future. We'll see.
Seems a perfectly reasonable plan to me. LHR gets the shiny new A350's and the old B777's get kicked down to LGW. I presume BKK is not about to see an A350, even though its a 3 class route.
Old Jan 30, 19, 5:50 am

If this route got A350, A380 or Dreamliner aircraft, I would still avoid it because of the terrible timings.
Old Jan 30, 19, 6:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
Would BKK ever end up on the Gatwick schedule?