Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Tier Miles

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2017, 10:54 am
Original Poster

BA Tier Miles

I need 30 tier miles before 8th September, is there anyway to get these without flying somewhere? Can my husband transfer some of his to me as we have a family account?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: BA Silver
Afraid not. You have to fly.
You may be able to get a 2 week extension if you ask BA nicely if that would help.

Sorry no.You can only earn tier points for the individual by flying.

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
1. No.
2. No, though if your husband is a Gold Guest List member then he could give you his partner card. I assume that isn't the case or he'd already have done so.
3. 30 is easy: the cheapest without an overnight stay is a day trip to Glasgow from Gatwick, with the outbound in Club Europe and the return in economy on 24 or 31 August. (Actually earns 45 TP). A 1-night stay opens up lots of options. Price is £165ish.
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gillcope
I need 30 tier miles before 8th September, is there anyway to get these without flying somewhere? Can my husband transfer some of his to me as we have a family account?
Do you mean tier points? No the only way to earn them is to fly yourself. You can't transfer tier points.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
A quick weekend in Jersey, flying CE from LGW, would sort it
Old Aug 1, 2017, 1:49 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Hello @gillcope. I'm going to welcome you because I'm not sure we had Forum Ambassadors when you last posted a little over a decade ago. Welcome back and welcome to the BA sub-forum.

As has been said above, if you're going to earn the tier points you have to fly so it would be useful to know where you are based. This information will serve two purposes; it will allow people to recommend options to you and it will enable me to ensure the gap between your second and third posts is significantly less than the first and second

Let's see if we can help to get you across the tier point threshold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.