Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BAEC Luggage Tags: On or Off?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
I decided to show my affilaitions with pride .

Since the tag lives in the zipped pocket to be found in case of loss, etc I may switch to having the BD ferrule on the always visible zipper slide .
Old Mar 6, 2018, 3:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
I always tag my luggage as it helps when queuing on priority lanes or when putting luggage in the overhead locker, I notice staff tend to have extra care when they see the tags. Also, at the gate it's easier to avoid having to check carry on luggage when staff goes around waiting people, if they see the tag and you say no, they usually won't insist.

That said, I do not particularly like my BAEC Gold tag, I think it's too shiny, a tad vulgar even. I loved my CX Diamond tag though, which I still keep on my smaller items as it so much more elegant in its black matte finish. The BAEC Gold is really intrusive, especially if you have black luggage it will stand out.

I think the perfect balance would be to be recognised by staff, without being too obvious to fellow travellers as I do not want to rub my OW status on their face.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by frandrake
I think the perfect balance would be to be recognised by staff, without being too obvious to fellow travellers as I do not want to rub my OW status on their face.
Have they not shown you the secret nose wiggle / scratch thing yet ?
frandrake and bisonrav like this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 3:26 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by frandrake
I think you're in the wrong forum...
antichef likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 3:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Off for me
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:12 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Not on public view for me, rather zipped inside an accessible pocket of my carry-on.

This means that if there's a need for it to be on show (esp to hold back the Group 1,2,3 line pusher-ins), then I can flop it out when needed to keep them at bay.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
I normally wouldn't put them on hand luggage, but do on hold luggage. A friend of mine was in a long queue at JFK during one of their computer melt-downs and, when a member of staff noticed his gold tag, he was whisked away and dealt with quickly. Whether he was simply in the wrong line in the first place I'm not sure :-).
Old Mar 6, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
I do hold luggage as well, but they tend to get ripped off after six months or so. I figure anything that increases the chances of my bags being reunited with me is a good thing. I hadn't thought of putting them inside the outside pocket, as mentioned above. I may try that. I usually have a business card in the outside pocket.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
I have a kind of daisy chain of cards hanging off my hand baggage. I like the progression of the single Bronze card, followed by a single Silver, and then a string of Gold and GGL ones. It shows how incredibly important I am.

Plus it's easily detachable to flog anyone from Group 2 or below when they stray into the Group 1 boarding pen.
Wifie likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by dcmike
I do hold luggage as well, but they tend to get ripped off after six months or so. I figure anything that increases the chances of my bags being reunited with me is a good thing. I hadn't thought of putting them inside the outside pocket, as mentioned above. I may try that. I usually have a business card in the outside pocket.
Put one of each into an unlocked outer pocket, if unlocked it does not require the bag to be forced open to find the owner. If the luggage loses its label in transit somebody will try to manually sort and reconcile it. If it happened at LHR the BA tag with FF number would enable them to rapidly identify and reconcile it. Even in an outstation or if you were flying another airline they will be able to contact BA to get contact details. The business card is belt and braces!
dcmike likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:15 am

Gold tags always looks good on my hand luggage
Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by lavar56
Gold tags always looks good on my hand luggage
No doubt everything looks great with that .
Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
I decided to show my affilaitions with pride .

Since the tag lives in the zipped pocket to be found in case of loss, etc I may switch to having the BD ferrule on the always visible zipper slide .
Very envious one of my old BMI tags snapped earlier this year and I used that to proudly display my Silver and now Gold tag. As I’ve thrown away the leather ones provided I’m now tagless.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Who needs tags when you have this bad boy, even added in a # tag for all those millennials to help us fit in with our fellow travellers these days!
bisonrav and nufnuf77 like this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I like to slip mine inconspicuously into my mankini.
dcmike likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.