BA not awarding Avios and Tier Points

Old Aug 1, 17, 3:28 am
Original Poster

BA not awarding Avios and Tier Points

Hello,

I took a return flight with BA couple of weeks ago but have only received Avios and Tier Points for first leg of the trip.

"Funny" thing is that:
1. When I claim them online system says they have been awarded when they are not.
2. When I contact BA customer support they do acknowledge that Avios and Tier Points for second leg are missing and say they will award them manually, but they never do. This promise has been given twice thus far, two weeks and one week ago.

What is happening here? Is this some sort of bug?

By the way, BA call centre times are horrible, never had less than 15 minutes, currently on the line for 47 minutes and counting. ......
Old Aug 1, 17, 3:32 am

Programs: BA Silver
BA's customer service is a shadow of its former self - most likely due to cost cutting.

Keep persevering and you'll get there eventually - its just a matter of luck in finding someone who has been trained enough to do what is needed, and is empowered to do so.
Old Aug 1, 17, 3:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This sort of thing does happen - fairly occasionally these days I would say, retro-claiming used to be a fact of life and now the systems generally do get it right.

In the past BA would say it takes up to three weeks for retro-claims to be updated. Given the IT meltdown backlog I can't believe it would be any better than normal at the moment, so personally I would leave it for a while longer. But while this shouldn't be your first port of call, at some stage you can send a Private Message to the relevant lurker:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/priva...newpm&u=729498
Old Aug 1, 17, 3:54 am
Original Poster

1 hour 20 minutes and still waiting... This is ridiculous. What kind of company allows such treatment to their customers?
Old Aug 1, 17, 3:58 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Alex1986 View Post
1 hour 20 minutes and still waiting... This is ridiculous. What kind of company allows such treatment to their customers?
One that already has your money.
Old Aug 1, 17, 4:51 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by Paralytic View Post
One that already has your money.
.. and one that thinks it has good chance of getting it next time.
Old Aug 1, 17, 7:27 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, LH, MR TIT, IHG GLD
Was your trip a same day return? I had the same experience with BA couple of weeks ago!!
Old Aug 1, 17, 9:13 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA, DL, AF
Originally Posted by Alex1986 View Post
Hello,

By the way, BA call centre times are horrible, never had less than 15 minutes, currently on the line for 47 minutes and counting. ......
Just reading this puts that music on hold in my head as an earworm

over and over and over and...
Old Aug 8, 17, 5:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
I am currently damn annoyed that BA can make it so painful to claim missing points. Details:

14/07 flew LHR-MAD - initial BA flight cancelled due to strike and put onto later IB service
These did not post. Subsequent attempts to reclaim through eTicket on line did not work.
Online form completed
Rejected as details did not correspond with their sytem
Called - promised it would all happen now and would be "sent down again"
Received another email few days later asking for further details - which I had already sent - have today re-sent

I can't believe how they can make something so straight forward so painful for the customer. I wonder how many people give up after one or two attempts.

Pitiful
Old Aug 8, 17, 5:56 am

Programs: BAEC, A3 M&B
Stalling customers

It seems pretty widespread business practice now to stall customers' justified claims and cash in on those giving up. On work trips, all I have to do is make the corporate TA contact the airline, and unsurprisingly those claims were approved rather quickly so far.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: