Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA flight credited to AB - BA Error.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2017, 12:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, KLM Gold, AB Gold, Accor Plat, BW Diamond, Qantas Svr, Etihad Svr
BA flight credited to AB - BA Error.

I put my AB Gold card on a booking to get the seat and baggage benefits. At the Airport and on the plane I asked for my BA blue card to be added. Having had a surgical operation, this went to the bottom of my list. The flight was credited to AB. What can I do, I am now 5 TP's short of being silver.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 1:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You need to ask Air Berlin to remove the credit from your account (good luck with that!) and then when that is done you can ask BA to retro and manually credit the flight. You may be easier to go for drinks in EDI /JER one evening, but if you have been Silver for a while they may let it slide anyway. You also have a 2 week grace period.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, KLM Gold, AB Gold, Accor Plat, BW Diamond, Qantas Svr, Etihad Svr
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You need to ask Air Berlin to remove the credit from your account (good luck with that!) and then when that is done you can ask BA to retro and manually credit the flight. You may be easier to go for drinks in EDI /JER one evening, but if you have been Silver for a while they may let it slide anyway. You also have a 2 week grace period.
Thanks for the reply. I have emailed AB and BA and will let you know the result. This would be my first qualification as Silver so I cannot imagine BA will forgive the points.

I am flying 4 times this weekend 2 N class Domestic and 1 q class return to Spain. Do you know if I can change my booking class by paying a supplement to get the 5 TP's.

If the worst comes to the worst, I will take a day trip MAN to LHR with the baby, who loves watching the planes and ruining everybody's lounge experience!
Old Aug 2, 2017, 12:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by mrtibbs1999
I am flying 4 times this weekend 2 N class Domestic and 1 q class return to Spain. Do you know if I can change my booking class by paying a supplement to get the 5 TP's.
If booked via BA.com I would be surprised if you didn't get a POUG at some point. Otherwise you can do an an AUP on the Domestics for £63 to £69, subject to availability.

You don't need to contact BA at this point, they can't do anything until AB release the booking.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If booked via BA.com I would be surprised if you didn't get a POUG at some point. Otherwise, you can do an an AUP on the Domestics for £63 to £69, subject to availability.

You don't need to contact BA at this point, they can't do anything until AB release the booking.
£70 or so to sort this out would be very welcome. I will follow up with a call to AB if I don't hear back by Friday. Thanks for all the advice, you've made it clear that one way or another this is fixable without any pain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.