Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

AUP Avios/tier points not posting - BA say must fly whole ticket before receiving

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AUP Avios/tier points not posting - BA say must fly whole ticket before receiving

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

I've never posted here before, but perhaps one of you can help. I flew from LHR to BOS a few days ago and bought an AUP to W. As occasionally happens, the Avios and Tier Points for Y have posted instead. I just called BA to try and sort this out - inevitably, the online claim form isn't working properly - and the agent at the other end of the phone told me that I had to fly the remainder of my itinerary (which is over a month long, and includes several more sectors) before I can claim back the missing points. I have never heard this claim before, and have never had a problem correcting missing points in this situation previously. Are they incorrect?

Thanks.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Agent is wrong, call again
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:40 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk catscall, and welcome to the BA forum. It's good to see you here, and I'm sure you will be able to take good use of the forum.

I don't think the advice you have been given is correct, so I'd personally leave it a day or two and try again. The one exception perhaps would be if the ticket was not 125 issued (e.g. issued by AA) and included non BA flights, since they would go off to the marketing airline. I can see the point in waiting for the last flight to be completed in that situation. Otherwise I think you've been incorrectly advised.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. The ticket was BA issued (starts 125-), includes a transatlantic return on BA, but also includes three US domestic flights on AA. Is this what is complicating the issue, then, do you think?
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:50 pm

Utter rubbish. Call again.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:53 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by catscall
Thanks for the replies. The ticket was BA issued (starts 125-), includes a transatlantic return on BA, but also includes three US domestic flights on AA. Is this what is complicating the issue, then, do you think?
Unless you also complained about the AA flights, then there is no reason for BA to delay processing the missing TPs. Try one more time calling up, then there is an escalation route available by sending a Private Message to this link:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/priva...newpm&u=729498
Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Thanks again. I called again; this time they told me that they couldn't see the AUP on my reservation (not a huge surprise) and to contact customer relations. Given my last experience with them, I'll use the form on here...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.