Wiki Posts
Search

Question re BAPP Amex

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2017, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue
Question re BAPP Amex

I'm just about to pass the £10K spend on the BAPP Amex and was wondering about referring my wife for the card, then downgrading to the free BA Amex. My wife had a BAPP Amex until she downgraded to the free BA Amex 8-9 months ago - she cancelled the BA Amex a few weeks ago.

I know that one normally has to wait 6 months before re-applying for an Amex card if one wishes to ensure that one qualifies for any bonus. Does anyone know how this works with the scenario above? As she "downgraded" her BAPP more than 6 months ago, is it safe to apply again or does the fact that she had the free BA Amex until recently put the mockers on my cunning plan?
Old Jul 30, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver
No signup bonus if less than 6 months since she had an Avios-earning Amex card I'm afraid.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue
Thanks fruitcage ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.